Utleybanshee...Scammer

sheefreak

Lets hold on here fellas. I am cool w/your opinion bro and am not pissed off at you one bit. I welcome opinions of all regardless of wether I like them or not. Per Nate McCoy a WSM piston my price is $104 dollars. What do you guys think a dome costs? I only stated how much the estimate was for the stuff he lied to me about.

Dizzle, its all good. Like I said, I welcome everyones opinion here.

My pricing came from F.A.S.T. for a set of pistons, and a set of domes. I figured it doesn't make sense to run 1 used piston/dome with one new piston/dome (Two used pistons and domes that came from the same motor is one thing).

My intention is not the step on anyones toes just to throw out a possible solution that wouldn't involve spending too much money for either party.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both parties are in the wrong. The piston and dome are obviously pitted in those pictures (A blind person would be able to tell that), but then again you asked if they were actually pitted and he told you they were not.

Your original request was for him to replace the parts in question with new parts, he offered money back ($100 + a diffrent used piston), but you wanted $175 or for him to buy you *New* parts to replace the used parts?.

Why don't you both just meet in the middle. Pistons are $150, Domes $85. Split that between the two of you and your both looking at spending $117.50, and you have a 68mm CUB with new Pistons and domes. Seems like a small price to pay to avoid this mess you've both gotten yourselves into.

Word of advice to the buyer: Next time something is in question ask for additional pictures or avoid buying used parts (sometimes it's worth spending the extra money to avoid crap like this). Most people who get screwed don't get the option to get money back or have the problem resovled.

Word of advice to the Seller: Next time list a full description that explains all that is wrong with the item. People expect used items to be as good as new but for a fraction of the price (List everything in detail and you can politely tell them to "pound sand" when it isn't what they want).

I think u make a valid point and i think the end result should b fair but the queston is whos right and whos wrong? I feel though your saying buyer beware if i show u pics and u ask questons and i lie and leave out pertainet info than u should just eat half. Thats what i disagree with as most i think will

My pricing came from F.A.S.T. for a set of pistons, and a set of domes. I figured it doesn't make sense to run 1 used piston/dome with one new piston/dome (Two used pistons and domes that came from the same motor is one thing).

My intention is not the step on anyones toes just to throw out a possible solution that wouldn't involve spending too much money for either party.

I have no prob just hate the fact that this guy is so unhelpful in a resovle to this matter.

Okay.....now this is getting way off track here. Dont attack Chad for giving his opinion as well. Its an outsiders insight to what is going on. Of course you are not going to like his opinion because he did side with you. He didnt really side with anyone. He just calls it like he see's it. I could say you are being rediculous by wanting a full refund and are making things much worse by claiming to get legal action involved. Which I will add "good luck". The police will not do anything for you. And good luck with paypal. Sadly he will win that as well. I have been taken too many times and as long as he shows the tracking number and shows the description of the parts as stated, they will side with him.

If he is willing to take care of the piston and dome.....then take it and run!!! And if he does so, then be happy that you ended up with what you paid for!!!!

You can copy and paste this with some reply that I should stay out of your business and dealings. But remember, this was posted for everyone to read and everyone to get involved in.

I CAN NOT MAKE THIS CLEAR ENOUGH!!!!! I AM NOT TAKING SIDES HERE!!! THIS IS STRICTLY MY OPINION WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO!!!

So im not intitled to my opinion? I think chad has a valid point as u but. Look at what your both saying hey he got ya so if he's willing to due anything take what u can get and b happy? Thats what u should do is lay down and take it?

Its all good with u 91tsiawd. I may not know you, but i would stand behined u as well if you had damning evidense as sheefreak does. Thats all im saying. No one no where should ever be taken advatage of and we ALL should stand behined someone that has!

Its all good with u 91tsiawd. I may not know you, but i would stand behined u as well if you had damning evidense as sheefreak does. Thats all im saying. No one no where should ever be taken advatage of and we ALL should stand behined someone that has!

So what do you want him to do? Pay for one brand new piston, and one brand new dome?

So what do you want him to do? Pay for one brand new piston, and one brand new dome?

well i think that if u look at the pms u'll find sheefreak were the domes pitted the response (no). also they need to be welded and you have the bad piston. I feel if you buy something as is than that is that but if you buy something and it's not what you were told it was than I think the seller should be held responsable especialy if the person telling you what they need to be right is also the builder.

If it was you, and you had damning evidence I would back you 110% I have no problem with you just with jokers. I don't want any hard feelings.

TO ALL THOSE who have been following this PLEASE PLEASE do not hold sheefreak responsable for anything i have said. I've said and done everything on my own accord in reguards to this issue. Im new to the sport ( thanks to sheefreak lol) and i dont want to be taken for a ride by a joke. I want to be able to buy and sell with the notion that im dealing with good people. So lets weed out the bad and let in the good. Over time I will prove to be a honest decent guy.

well i think that if u look at the pms u'll find sheefreak were the domes pitted the response (no). also they need to be welded and you have the bad piston. I feel if you buy something as is than that is that but if you buy something and it's not what you were told it was than I think the seller should be held responsable especialy if the person telling you what they need to be right is also the builder.

If it was you, and you had damning evidence I would back you 110% I have no problem with you just with jokers. I don't want any hard feelings.

TO ALL THOSE who have been following this PLEASE PLEASE do not hold sheefreak responsable for anything i have said. I've said and done everything on my own accord in reguards to this issue. Im new to the sport ( thanks to sheefreak lol) and i dont want to be taken for a ride by a joke. I want to be able to buy and sell with the notion that im dealing with good people. So lets weed out the bad and let in the good. Over time I will prove to be a honest decent guy.

What needs to be welded?

What needs to be welded?

the cylinders themselves. The deal was the only needed the nicasealed (if thats spelled right) now its turned into domes, piston, the cyl. welding. I hear u about the pics and SF should have been more leery but he asked all the questions no the less, and was told they were fine. I think thats just a crappy way to do buisness. LIke the say you can sheer a sheep over and over but scalp him only once.

Alright look. I am an idiot for looking at those pictures, asking some questions, and believing what he said even though I should have believed my own eyes. I must admit, I was a little excited and wanted this motor and went against some of my own conscience. BUT, why should I be punished because I believed a guy? If you all read what I posted you can see all along I tried to get this guy to work w/me. Only reason I have gotten the way I am now is because of the way I have been treated by him. Pardon me for getting lied to and wanting him to make it right.

Nate tells me the cyl will need welded where you can see the nikasil missing in the picture. Ok, he didn't say it needed welded, I have never run a nikasiled cyl in my life. How am I supposed to know that it needs welded by looking at some pics. But I didn't even ask him to pay for that. Lets just forget about the welding.

Now some of you say I shouldn't expect to get new parts for a knowingly used setup. What should I do, have him send me a used piston that he says is good kinda like the other dome and pison were good. Should I just be out them because he shouldn't have to replace a used piston and dome w/new because they are bad and he said they weren't? You all act like I didn't give him every chance to make this right and with options.

For the record I am not mad at anyone here except Utley. I am simply responding to your opinions w/questions trying to figure out why you think the way you do. According to some of the views on here, you should have to worry, scrutinize, get your magnifying glass out, send somone ovet to that persons house across the country, and then Not have to take it in the rear because somone should be able to stick it to you if they can get it by ya.

As far as legal action goes, i am not trying to send the police to his house, just possibly filing w/paypal.

And dizzle, I know you think it is bullshit like i do, but I don't want you to post on this subject any more. I will take care of it. The facts are here, I am asking for opinions and possible action. If we want to deal w/shady sellers so be it.

Guest utleybanshee

This shows how much I count on getting my money back from utley. This head was far from pretty.

quadparts105.jpg

I offered to give you a 100 and a piston that I only replaced for the hell of it