MAJOR MODS...

225GUY

Well the banshee stoped shifting this weekend and we narrowed it down to where the clutch rod enters the case. Needless to say we had to pull the whole motor and split the cases. I found the rod broken, the ball bearing shredded, and the clutch plates burnt. Also I found the pistons had 9 thousands of clearance and the pistons burnt also. SO since I have the motor out, I figured I might as well do all I can for performance.

-New clutches

-Major cylinder head port work

-Milling the stock head

-Timing advance plate

-Boring cylinders out and new weisco pistons

-All new seals and gaskets

Any other suggestions? I was actually happy for this to break...:-) Now I get to mod it out lol

-Major cylinder head port work..........What exactly do you mean by this?

Someone mentioned V Force reeds. I wouldn't recommend reeds if your not porting your jugs. There are much better ways to spend 2-300 $s. I don't think you'll realize anything from them without porting.

Best bet is to talk to the guy doing the port work. He should be asking you what type of riding you do, what pipes your running, what compression you want to be at, and should be able to tell you what carbs to use and what domes to get with his port job to put you where you want to be. If your guy isn't on that level I would really at least talk to some other builders and get a feel for what they can offer. If money isn't an issue then what are you really after? Being able to say you did it yourself and have a good running bike, or paying someone $300 for a port job and doing the rest yourself and having a great running bike.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your guy doesn't know what he is doing by any means. I'm just saying "shop around" and base your decision on what your really after.

Been down both roads and you can guess the outcome.

Best of luck.

SP

I am getting the jugs ported....

lol, you sound annoyed.

we're just wondering what kind of porting you're getting. the type of porting decides where the power increase is, and what mods complement it. like, if you port for low-mid, vf3 reeds really wouldn't match, but some boysens' would see more gain. basically, if you tell us what power range, pipes, etc, we could help some, but he is right about the point that a builder should be able match mods to his work than anyone else.

just tell use a few things first.

are you bulding your bike for speed or reliability?

do you still wana run pump gas?

what port job do you wana get? im guessing trail port.

and i belive you said you running trails with some straight's.

what pipes do you plan on using?

what type and size carbs are you gana get?

just tell use that and that would help allot

lol, you sound annoyed.

we're just wondering what kind of porting you're getting. the type of porting decides where the power increase is, and what mods complement it. like, if you port for low-mid, vf3 reeds really wouldn't match, but some boysens' would see more gain. basically, if you tell us what power range, pipes, etc, we could help some, but he is right about the point that a builder should be able match mods to his work than anyone else.

I think your right. It is so easy to misconstrue someone's demeanor when you are reading their typed comments.

I didn't mean to sound condescending or demeaning bro. Just trying to help you out. It is too easy to spend your cash and then not be happy. I think there are several that have been down that road. And if you'll notice, I didn't even recommend a builder to call. I wasn't advertising anything for anyone cause you didn't ask for that. Just trying to help you out.

SP

Edited by spurdy

I have FMF Gnarly pipes on it with PC2 Silencers. These pipes were on it when I got it, don't really want to buy new pipes.

I have a k & n air filter.

I remote the boot on the airbox lid.

TORS removed with motion pro twist throttle kit with idle screws

Jetted

Stock carbs

I am getting

Trail port

Adjustable timing plate to 4 degrees advanced

Milling stock head down

New weisco pistons bored .030 over

New seals throughout

Does any of that help? I am building it mainly for speed on trails.

Edited by 225GUY

Update.

I am building mainly for speed, do mostly trails with a few long stretches. I just want to run on pump gas, 93.

What I have now:

FMF Gnarly pipes on it with PC2 Silencers.

k & n air filter.

Jetted

Stock carbs

Mudshark 21-12-9

Holeshots 22-8-10

3" wheel spacers front and rear

What I am getting:

Trail porting on jugs

Milling stock head down

New seals throughout

New clutches

6" extended swingarm

Billet impeller

Update.

I am building mainly for speed, do mostly trails with a few long stretches. I just want to run on pump gas, 93.

What I have now:

FMF Gnarly pipes on it with PC2 Silencers.

k & n air filter.

Jetted

Stock carbs

Mudshark 21-12-9

Holeshots 22-8-10

3" wheel spacers front and rear

What I am getting:

Trail porting on jugs

Milling stock head down

New seals throughout

New clutches

6" extended swingarm

Billet impeller

IMO a 6" extended swingarm is a bit excessive for trail riding. If anything i'd think you'd want a - swingarm for more traction.