Clutches?

serius4play

When i shift my clutch will slip for a little ways then grab really hard. im thinkin the clutch pads are worn down and gettin ready to go (well im hoping thats all it is anyway) i had em checked out a year ago and they said they where ok (never told me exactly what "ok" means but ya) anyway i do a fair amount of drag racing and 2nd gear takeoffs and iv got 18 paddle paddle brats and a 45 tooth rear sprokit and 14 in front, ported/polish, .20 over, keihn carbs i think like 35's (they came on the bike) aftermarkit ignishin system with pro circuit pipes, so iv got a little bit of power, what do you think i shuld do to fixe my clutch problems? is it time for a lockout posibly? or would u just recomend me getting some high strength clutche plates and springs.... i do know that whoever had my bike befor maid it so that it holds an extra clutch plate or 2. idk i didnt really look at it when i had my engin re built. but shuld i just get some heavy duty springs and new clutch pads and plates? what compony would u recomend?

my experience with clutch slippage is when not into the power band grabs fine,as you get into the power band then is will slip and let go....i run the yfz 1000 street bike clutches and flat steels with heavy duty springs with good results.you can buy a lockup they just cost $$$$

my experience with clutch slippage is when not into the power band grabs fine,as you get into the power band then is will slip and let go....i run the yfz 1000 street bike clutches and flat steels with heavy duty springs with good results.you can buy a lockup they just cost $$$$

They just bolt right up? Or I have to modify something?

Ahhhh, the misguided youth of today.

I would personally talk to cascade innovations about a clutch and some mid-top pipes.

I like my PC pipes. and im a duner. and i have beaten my dads banshee no prob with t-5s and iv beaten many stroker motors. personally i like them and they came on the bike so im keepen em why for out money on something that i already have an improvment on from stock just to gain a few RPM or couple ponies. they work and im faster then some so why not. plus i still like to do normal ridding. im not after a full drag bike F-that shiz! Thats how banshees get bad reps. Im after a all around bike and thats what the PCs help give me. i put t-5s on my bike and didnt like em. Anyway back to the clutch.... just get some flat steels and some heavy duty pads?

I like my PC pipes. and im a duner. and i have beaten my dads banshee no prob with t-5s and iv beaten many stroker motors. personally i like them and they came on the bike so im keepen em why for out money on something that i already have an improvment on from stock just to gain a few RPM or couple ponies. they work and im faster then some so why not. plus i still like to do normal ridding. im not after a full drag bike F-that shiz! Thats how banshees get bad reps. Im after a all around bike and thats what the PCs help give me. i put t-5s on my bike and didnt like em. Anyway back to the clutch.... just get some flat steels and some heavy duty pads?

I run them on a dune bike too......My point is, you could focus on what the pipes do by keeping a low exhaust duration, and using some smaller carbs as well. Daj ought to be able to provide insight on this extra clutch pack setup. Its a common drag racing modification.

I would get a clutch from FAST or from Cascade. I have one of each in my bikes. They will more than hold for your HP level. I run 3 HD springs in my bolt on bike and 6HD springs on my Cub with no lockout and they hold just fine. You could piece it together with HD springs FZR fibers and barnett steels, but its way easier to just call up and order the complete clutch. YOu will also want to make sure your inner hub and basket are not grooved. May want to replace the pressure plate also.

so i found this part number for the FZR600/1000 clutch fibers 4h7-16321-02-00

looking on fleabay nothing is by part number, just model year. Are all FZR clutchs (fibers) the same no matter what yr?

clutch fibers are the same from 1990 to 1999.i run barnett hd springs barnett flat steels and 1997 yzf 1000 fibers,if that helps any.thats what i ask for at the parts counter or when ordering.its basically the same thing your going to get from f.a.s.t.theres several bike shops and builders that sell this set up.

and yes they do hold up well.unless you have a highly modified all out drag bike then you will need a lockup.they also have a 8 plate clutch set up with these same parts just runs 8 fibers instead of 7.if you want to do this just buy the 8 plate inner hub.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya i got some burnet HD springs and the street bike clutches. gettin them put in tommorow. goin riddin saterday. we see how they hold up .(new chain and sprokets also changed 14 front 43 rear) hoppin to get a little more top end speend in 6th from my 45 tooth sproket.