Help getting started; Ice Racing

black sunshine

Nothing too serious but I haven't messed around on the ice since I had a Blaster with sheet metal screws in the tires.

I see a popular brand of studs are kold kutters, and I think I will sacrifice a set of Holeshots that I have laying around to the cause. What will determine the length of stud needed? I see that they come in a variety of lengths. Ebay, about $80-90/1000 sound right? How many do I need?

Also, do the old tie-down lowering trick?

Thanks for any advice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is O.K. if they go through the tire, won't cause a flat?

ive seen people take a tube and throw it in there tire over the studs then put another tube in. also make sure the studs you use have carbide tips. they last longer. also u dont have to use the tie down trick if your not racing but if you are yah it helps out

use gold ice racing screws $56/1,000 you'll find out there almost just as good and there cheaper because you will loose some when racing they look like this.2cb15521-6c1b-4988-a344-12be407bfef.jpg

old school fuckers use the tie down but you can get a lowering kit, thats a link for your shock that will drop the ass of the bike real low and keep wheels on the ice

Edited by fasstbanshee

A Sway bar is the next best thing I did for myself after getting the studding down. I run 1 inchers in with no liners then I fine tune the screw for the best bite and self cleaning. They will leak a bit in time . I run the Michigan ama series and have never thrown a stud yet. I keep air on hand but dont need it much. Blow the tires up to about 20lbs when you studding them up, when your done let the air out this will tighten things up a bit. I have found ice riding is an art form just trying to get your shee hook.

A Sway bar is the next best thing I did for myself after getting the studding down. I run 1 inchers in with no liners then I fine tune the screw for the best bite and self cleaning. They will leak a bit in time . I run the Michigan ama series and have never thrown a stud yet. I keep air on hand but dont need it much. Blow the tires up to about 20lbs when you studding them up, when your done let the air out this will tighten things up a bit. I have found ice riding is an art form just trying to get your shee hook.

post-30486-1234144023.jpg

oww bad pic, your behind a four poke

check my post topic out http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...=108465&hl=

motodrumer58 good idea with letting the air out i think i need to do that with mine i have been running my tires real high at 10psi i think i am going to try normal 4 psi i am getting to much traction on the corners and my left rear is at least 6" of the ground sometimes i've gotten the handle bars jerked and get the left side up a bit, (scary)

Damn 4 strokes theres a v force i am have a hard time keeping up with mostly on the straight aways normally well see what this up coming week brings me though

I am faster than those four pokes just trying to get my shee to hook. They beat me off the line then I play makeup all race. I did get that guy by the time the checkerd flag dropped for first in the heat. Ended up 5th out of 20..

[/quote

I would like to say I was lapping him ....... in due time..