Wierd fuel leak

Woolfman

any ideas would be great my problem is if I leave my fuel on when storing my banshee it will leak fuel from one carb. Ok here is the wierd part I could sit there for hours and nothing leaks but days later sure as shit there is a puddle of fuel under my banshee. Don't know if temp changes could cause that just thought was way wierd and my dad will not let me put my banshee in his toy hauler till I fix it.

sounds like your float needle is sticking a bit. time for a complete carb cleaning! the needle my just be worn out and won't make a complete seal anymore.

Yeah I'll have to try that and i just picked up some stock carbs for $40 maybe between 4 carbs I can make 2 good ones

when i get done riding i shut the gas off and let it run until it dies, that way the floats drop and the needles arent even touching the seats. they last forever that way. the needles in my 93 still look good so it must help. also leaving the gas on can lead to other problems, there was a thread about a month ago so do a search.

when i get done riding i shut the gas off and let it run until it dies, that way the floats drop and the needles arent even touching the seats. they last forever that way. the needles in my 93 still look good so it must help. also leaving the gas on can lead to other problems, there was a thread about a month ago so do a search.

kinda sucks for me, on my banshee the fuel valve is always on .. no matter where you put it.

Yeah I'll have to try that and i just picked up some stock carbs for $40 maybe between 4 carbs I can make 2 good ones

Why not just buy a rebuild kit. It would be cheaper than the used carb and you know that it is not some piece of worn out shit that you are going to struggle with.

Why not just buy a rebuild kit. It would be cheaper than the used carb and you know that it is not some piece of worn out shit that you are going to struggle with.

The problem is just as much the on/off as it is the carbs. If you fix the on/off you won't have to worry about it leaking.

Thanks guy for all the input. I was running it for a little bit after shuting the fuel turned off but not till out of fuel cause I hear that was bad. It helped but still had a little puddle from that. I found some 06 carbs today that come with the swing arm, carrier, bearings and axle for $200 so I think I'll go that route since mine is a 95 it wouldn't hurt to replace all of those especially since I'm a jumper. :biggrin:

Thanks guy for all the input. I was running it for a little bit after shuting the fuel turned off but not till out of fuel cause I hear that was bad. It helped but still had a little puddle from that. I found some 06 carbs today that come with the swing arm, carrier, bearings and axle for $200 so I think I'll go that route since mine is a 95 it wouldn't hurt to replace all of those especially since I'm a jumper. :biggrin:

the needle tips are hardened most likely. i normally just buy new float needles, even before they start to leak. wanna part with your old carier?

the needle tips are hardened most likely. i normally just buy new float needles, even before they start to leak. wanna part with your old carier?

I'll have to check those float needles that could be the problem I just replaced the other one cause it leaked all the time. Oh and yes would be willing to part with it I was planning on ebaying the old parts since they all work fine.