V-Force3 Reeds

ban06shee

does anyone know how good the V-Force3 Reeds are? i dont know much about them but what are they for and how much more performance will they give me for my banshee? i have a 2006 banshee and i just ordered Toomey T6 pipe and jet kit and i put the two little K&N air filters i guess there pods? i havent put the pipes on and the banshee hasnt been re-jetted yet because i want to put it all in at once so i dont have to be jetting it over and over. back to the V-Force3 Reeds, will this be a good setup and what will the reeds do for me?

does anyone know how good the V-Force3 Reeds are? i dont know much about them but what are they for and how much more performance will they give me for my banshee? i have a 2006 banshee and i just ordered Toomey T6 pipe and jet kit and i put the two little K&N air filters i guess there pods? i havent put the pipes on and the banshee hasnt been re-jetted yet because i want to put it all in at once so i dont have to be jetting it over and over. back to the V-Force3 Reeds, will this be a good setup and what will the reeds do for me?

I don't think you will get much out of the V force reeds without some porting to compliment them.

SP

I don't think you will get much out of the V force reeds without some porting to compliment them.

SP

I noticed a little difference with them before porting. crisper throttle and better response. Don't know if it was worth 200 bucks.

so what would be another good upgrade for a stock banshee with a toomey t6 pipe and jet kit and k&n pods?

Timing will really wake her up. Next I would go with porting, then carbs. Porting is the key and I feel all mods should be planned around your port job. Just my thoughts.

SP

so what would be another good upgrade for a stock banshee with a toomey t6 pipe and jet kit and k&n pods?

get a noss machine head with the appropriate domes for your elevation & mods.

Timing will really wake her up. Next I would go with porting, then carbs. Porting is the key and I feel all mods should be planned around your port job. Just my thoughts.

SP

yeah porting would be great but im new to the banshee world and i dont even know what its going to be like with the pipe and jet kit and the pods, i love hauling ass but i dont really want to break into the engine yet, i kinda just want to add on, anything else you can recomend?

get a noss machine head with the appropriate domes for your elevation & mods.

$35 for a timing plate vs. $200 for a head minus domes? Timing plate every time.

$300 for a port vs. $280 for a head and domes? Porting every time.

Just my 2 cents again.

SP

Edited by spurdy

yeah porting would be great but im new to the banshee world and i dont even know what its going to be like with the pipe and jet kit and the pods, i love hauling ass but i dont really want to break into the engine yet, i kinda just want to add on, anything else you can recomend?

If that is the case, you will always need a head with interchangeable domes, so it isn't a bad investment. Just not the best bang for your buck. The timing plate is though. Minus the porting is pipes (T6 for nonported but you will likely soon tire of them and they don't seem to run well on ported motors). Not much else worthwhile that I can think of next to porting bro. Porting is the heart of it. Like I always say, take you rtime and plan your build. It is much cheaper that way!

SP

$35 for a timing plate vs. $200 for a head minus domes? Timing plate every time.

$300 for a port vs. $280 for a head and domes? Porting every time.

Just my 2 cents again.

SP

if i get the adjustable timing plate from trinity will that be good enough? and will i have to add anything if i get a timing plate? for the port what will i need to do get anything else or how does that work?

If that is the case, you will always need a head with interchangeable domes, so it isn't a bad investment. Just not the best bang for your buck. The timing plate is though. Minus the porting is pipes (T6 for nonported but you will likely soon tire of them and they don't seem to run well on ported motors). Not much else worthwhile that I can think of next to porting bro. Porting is the heart of it. Like I always say, take you rtime and plan your build. It is much cheaper that way!

SP

yeah i think i messed up already than i shoulda bought a different set of pipes so i wont have to buy another set when i do decide to port. thank for the help

yeah i think i messed up already than i shoulda bought a different set of pipes so i wont have to buy another set when i do decide to port. thank for the help

Just get yourself a timing plate for now, then when it's time for a rebuild, sent off your jugs to FAST or another reputable shop, and tell them exactly what you have so they know what to port it for. Get reeds, a coolhead, put all together and go....That's your best bet, IMO

Just get yourself a timing plate for now, then when it's time for a rebuild, sent off your jugs to FAST or another reputable shop, and tell them exactly what you have so they know what to port it for. Get reeds, a coolhead, put all together and go....That's your best bet, IMO

thanks man!

(

T6 for nonported but you will likely soon tire of them and they don't seem to run well on ported motors).
this statement is very untrue have you ever ridden a banshee that had a good port job and had t6 pipes? i can tell you that my bike runs great with this setup now it may not be the fastest in the world but i can definately tell that it will hold its own against banshees that are ported with difff pipes, and its more than enough to keep the 4 pokes off you.

i thought the same thing when i first started to mod my banshee but after i put my bike back together i had a totally differant feeling towards porting and the t6 pipes, now i'm not saying that another set of pipes wont compliment the porting better but i am saying that if your gonna port you should atleast try the t6's first before selling them.