Pics of Painted Plastic

swhitey917

Can anyone post some pics of there painted fenders that used Krylon Fusion.

don't have any pics but painted a whole crotch rocket with that stuff, it turned out alright, minus the fiberglass errors i made lol, seemed to be ggod stuff, make sure you let it cure, it looked good till i smashed a deer with it, then the plastic looked, well fucked.. lol

Can anyone post some pics of there painted fenders that used Krylon Fusion.

I sanded down the hq raffe bike with some 600....then shot it with four coats of black plastic fusion.Then used a heat gun to even it out,,,As you can see for a 12 dolar paint job it didnt turn out to bad..."Lowbuckracing"..LOL

I sanded down the hq raffe bike with some 600....then shot it with four coats of black plastic fusion.Then used a heat gun to even it out,,,As you can see for a 12 dolar paint job it didnt turn out to bad..."Lowbuckracing"..LOL

does this hold up for a while?

don't have any pics but painted a whole crotch rocket with that stuff, it turned out alright, minus the fiberglass errors i made lol, seemed to be ggod stuff, make sure you let it cure, it looked good till i smashed a deer with it, then the plastic looked, well fucked.. lol

holy shit :blink:

Just like anything else, you get what you put into it. I painted my plastic the first time and it looked ok. i ended up wet sanding it and painting it again because the white showed every little bump or imperfection that was in it. After the wet sand with 600 and wiped it down with rubbing alcohol. it turned out pretty good. I let the plastic pieces sit in the spare bedroom for about a week before i put it on. The hunter green I used on the tank pieces turned out really well. Use slow even coats or it comes out looking like shit. The over spray is a killer with that stuff.

thats my .02

what colors are the best? my plastics are grey and blue i wanna re-paint or buy new ones my frame is black i just painted that im not goin for anything all show and stuff just want it to look nice on the trails what color do you guys suggest? like what color woud cover grey and blue really good and not show all those imperfections of a branch smack and stuff like that

ive used it before with mild success. as was said before its all about the prep work. sanding and cleaning should take about 75% of your time. a tiny bit of oil on your plastic and you will get a run from hell. my best success was when i did my 250r fronts and i prepped them a bunch, did about 3 or 4 coats with white letting them dry in between. then several coats of clear coat (really lightly or it will mix with the paint and make it run) letting it dry in between. it held up to a lot of mud and power washing. i half assed the rears cuz i was planning on replacing and it held up pretty shittly like you would expect

• 2 weeks later...