New carbs,intakes and slingshot lockup for my 4 mill cub

J-WELDO

I have a few questions,just bought a set of 35mm airstrikers by khein and intakes to fit I need some jet around about sizes so Ill know where to start.Also picked up a slingshot lockup anybody had any luck with these?I built my 4mill cub last July and have about 8 weekend trips to the dunes and it seems like it has lost allot of power since I rolled it out of the garage after breaking it in.Would new rings and reeds revive the 1 thru 5 two wheel ride or am I going overboard?Sorry for all the questions havent visited the hq in awhile. :blink:

I would guess somewhere in the 155-160 range for mains, 50-55 or w/e pilots come in, not sure on the needles I haven't messed with the keihin's that much. What makes you think it's lost power?

Doesnt pull hard off the line like it did before,was hard to keep the front end down now have to pull back hard to get a wheelie .Thanks for the info on the jets.

Doesnt pull hard off the line like it did before,was hard to keep the front end down now have to pull back hard to get a wheelie .Thanks for the info on the jets.

4mill hot rods stroker crank ,4mill cub,Wiesco 68mm pistons,pro d coolhead,18 domes, CPI iframe drag pipes Shaw comps front shaw coilover rear,tusk hd clutch,barnett cluth basket,running 110 octane mix 32:1 ,v-force 3 reeds

35.5 mikuni flats

.400'' billet reed spacers pro d water pump advanced timing +4

12 paddle super buff skat traks

+8'' swingarm

Yeah I would say it has worn the clutch fibers down. You're going to need a lock-out at least for a 4mil cub. I am running one without an override, which alot will say is dumb, but it works great for me, still shifts fine when I wanna drag and it's perfect for duning.

Yeah I would say it has worn the clutch fibers down. You're going to need a lock-out at least for a 4mil cub. I am running one without an override, which alot will say is dumb, but it works great for me, still shifts fine when I wanna drag and it's perfect for duning.

I bought a slingshot lockup clutch.Have you heard anything good about these this is the first one ive seen.The last time I was out at the dunes I smoked the clutch, replaced it and added hd springs and still has the same outcome.Should I do a rebuild on the topend mabey new rings and pistons and a fresh nikalsil?

Yeah the slingshots are good, I haven't personally used them but know of alot that do. Did you get the under the stock cover one? I would do a compression test 1st before thinking about a rebuild. Unless you sucked in some sand or leaned it out it shouldn't need a rebuild.

Yeah the slingshots are good, I haven't personally used them but know of alot that do. Did you get the under the stock cover one? I would do a compression test 1st before thinking about a rebuild. Unless you sucked in some sand or leaned it out it shouldn't need a rebuild.

I got the whole setup off ebay lockout, stock polished cover that has been moddified to fit the lockout.I had a bad k&n filter pod and it kept falling off so I think I sucked some sand into the cylinder.

I got the whole setup off ebay lockout, stock polished cover that has been moddified to fit the lockout.I had a bad k&n filter pod and it kept falling off so I think I sucked some sand into the cylinder.

Get a compression tester if you don't have one and do that 1st. It'll tell you quite a bit.