More Hook Up?

Hey all. Down here in Australia we have an abundance of trails mostly consisting of a very loose and slippery surface known as "pea gravel". This ball bearing type surface was a unique feature of the WRC rally stages that used to be held right here in Western Australia. The trouble I'm having is that against the 4-strokes I just can't get traction and the Shee doesn't "hook up" until I hit top gear. It's not so bad when it's moist but when it's dry it's almost like ice. Currently I'm running BKT X-driv tires at 3-4 PSI. I cross grooved the X lugs for more flex and it's a little better but it still lights up really easy when I gas it. It's impossible to wheelstand and when I drag against my buddies Raptor the only way i can stick with him off the start is to launch in third and feather the clutch.

Any ideas or mods on ways to get more traction?

Cheers.

Pea Gravel - this is scattered across a hard pack surface on most of the trails.

pea-gravel.jpg

Edited by SpecialEd 05

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=281

These will help , ask CSML on here.

Yeah very dusty too. I love the dunes but when we're looking for a quick afternoon rap the trails are easier. The Raptors don't seem to have as much trouble with traction but the Banshee has always struggled in the dry. Bring on the wet weather! I just thought I remember a rear shock linkage made by Elka to help with this?

Talk to the PA boys. They race up monster coal hills and swear by the mud lites, or vampires (can't remember).

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...5#vehicleSelect

haha i wish i always just use all my friends left over race tires and whatever i find bc i burn them off in like a week ....brappp brappp .... smoke show!!!

dam I bet the roost behind u guys down under hurts like a bitch.

Ooh yeah, like a shower of marbles. Yeah I was thinking maybe negative swinger but I'm sure Elka or someone had a shock linkage that was supposed to help. I've seen some people with adjustable ones with different holes, how do these work? I need to stick with an X tire because it's hard pack under the loose stuff and any type of paddle will rattle my eyeballs out of my head. Thanks for the ideas.