Advanced Timing

bamaboybv

Well I modded my stock timing plate, but when I was pulling the rustiest and hardest flywheel off EVER..

I made a tool with 2 prongs/screws that go in the flywheel holes. And I promise yall im not an idiot and I tried not to hit the stator, but I caught 1 of the stater coils and ripped it. I ripped the copper wires. So there's no spark at all. It's cause I ripped the wires right? They Have to be intact right? The pickup gap is right. The flywheel wasnt damaged and is still magnatized

was it sparking before you started taking things off?

Yea, it ran fine untill i decided to adjust the timing, but I read the electrical faq and it says for the electric sysem to work the stator must be in tact, it's the only thing that was damaged during the install. But the coils in the stator are all supposed to be intact, not broken for electricity to run.

Listen, Im not trying to be a dick, but, you just cost yourself a stator when all you had to do was spend 13 bucks for the proper flywheel puller and avoid the situation. You might want to check that flywheel and make sure you did not bend it. Using a puller in the holes or on the outside edge can ruin the flywheel.

Listen, Im not trying to be a dick, but, you just cost yourself a stator when all you had to do was spend 13 bucks for the proper flywheel puller and avoid the situation. You might want to check that flywheel and make sure you did not bend it. Using a puller in the holes or on the outside edge can ruin the flywheel.

Not only are you a dick you're a dumbass. I used a puller, I made a tool to hold it in place because the strap wrench wouldnt keep the flywheel still. The tool has 2 prongs and it just nipped 1 wire. I had a stock stator and I just ordered a 200w anyway because if you mod anything it should be the stator so you can see at night through corners/ while braking. Not trying to be a dick but next time read the question instead of trying to be badass.

Not only are you a dick you're a dumbass. I used a puller, I made a tool to hold it in place because the strap wrench wouldnt keep the flywheel still. The tool has 2 prongs and it just nipped 1 wire. I had a stock stator and I just ordered a 200w anyway because if you mod anything it should be the stator so you can see at night through corners/ while braking. Not trying to be a dick but next time read the question instead of trying to be badass.

There's no need to act that way! He is right, and was trying to give you some helpful advice. You didn't need a tool or strap wrench to hold the flywheel either, just two wrenches on the puller. Or if you have access, an impact. Yes your stator is now junk and is the reason you have no spark. Anytime you put something through the holes in your flywheel you're taking the chance of messing your stator up.