fouling pluhgs.

jimbob

shee was doing it when i first got her but put it down to old plugs, changed plugs and it did it again so ever the optimist i put it down to bad plugs, then i stripped and rebuilt the top end with new pistons and afresh rebore (65mm) went out on her yesterday for an hour shee runs perfect and goes like a stabbed rat with a new set in but not for long it fouled 3 sets of brand new plugs in less than an hour, im using BP6ES and ive also tried B8EGV it fouled them too, im premixing at 32;1 with a decent quality oil (texaco) am i running plugs that are too "cold"? or is it a jetting issue. my mods are listed in my sig

castrol is not a good 2 stroke oil. get ams,klotz,yamalube or basically anything you get at a motorcycle shop. nothing from a gas station or wal mart or autozone is worth shit.

ok thanks ile get some top end stuff, dont think we can get hold of klotz or anything like that here in the uk

I would not worry about the oil at all. What do you think all the 2 stroke street bikes use. They fill up with whatever is available at the gas station. At least that is what me and all my buddies used to do when I still had an RZ.

Your carb's are quiet big for a motor with just porting, but that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

Your carb's are quiet big for a motor with just porting, but that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

yeah a few ppl have said this but when it runs clean it goes like a stabbed rat easily wheelies thru the powerband in 3rd,

could it be a jetting issue?

ile try leaning the mix out and a cooler plug and get back to you guys

oh yeah there is one thing i forgot to add, the K&N is pretty f*cked now aswell so thats probably not helping the situation much, so new oil new filter new plugs and a slightly leaner mix should see us ok.

thanks again all, your golden nuggets of wisdom are beyond value and much appreciated

:biggrin: