CRANK PROBLEMS

kbone77

tried to upload pic, but can't figure out how to reduce its size? not a drag bike, just a cruiser, stock carbs, mild port, cpi's and vforce. hotrod's saying they never seen it, but there's nothing they can do. kind of disappointed in that response-the manager is supposed to call me back. that shaft doesn't have any load on it. they said "it must've got really hot and snapped off", --well no crap! my question is how could it get that hot and the whole rest of the motor is fine. the bearing on that side is gone, but they said that's not what made it hot. doesn't make any sense to me, that bearing is the only load bearing point with friction-of course that is what made it hot. seems like inferior or flawed material or something. they tried to acuse me of welding the flywheel on(on the inside), but that would be impossible, and who would do such a thing.. Just can't believe a crank shaft would snap off, especially on a mild cruiser bike like mine.

tried to upload pic, but can't figure out how to reduce its size? not a drag bike, just a cruiser, stock carbs, mild port, cpi's and vforce. hotrod's saying they never seen it, but there's nothing they can do. kind of disappointed in that response-the manager is supposed to call me back. that shaft doesn't have any load on it. they said "it must've got really hot and snapped off", --well no crap! my question is how could it get that hot and the whole rest of the motor is fine. the bearing on that side is gone, but they said that's not what made it hot. doesn't make any sense to me, that bearing is the only load bearing point with friction-of course that is what made it hot. seems like inferior or flawed material or something. they tried to acuse me of welding the flywheel on(on the inside), but that would be impossible, and who would do such a thing.. Just can't believe a crank shaft would snap off, especially on a mild cruiser bike like mine.

If the bearing on that side is gone then that would have been what got it hot. If a bearing goes out it is going to generate a hugh amount of heat and if you keep running it with that bearing bad then i could see how that happened.

That's what I thought too- the bearing went out, created alot of heat and caused a failure. My issue is that it's a brand new crank, w/ maybe 4 tanks of gas through it. All the other bearings are fine-actually the whole motor is fine. The hotrods service guy is trying to say the heat must have came from something else and caused the bearing to go out-which doesn't make any sense on the flywheel side of the motor... he kept asking if I'm running NOS, which is annoying-because NOS is an energy drink or a manufacturer of NO2 systems. But you don't inject NOS into your bike.. Either way I'm not. So I asked the guy if the guys running nitrous are snapping crank shafts-and he said "no". Just feel like I'm getting the run around...

That's what I thought too- the bearing went out, created alot of heat and caused a failure. My issue is that it's a brand new crank, w/ maybe 4 tanks of gas through it. All the other bearings are fine-actually the whole motor is fine. The hotrods service guy is trying to say the heat must have came from something else and caused the bearing to go out-which doesn't make any sense on the flywheel side of the motor... he kept asking if I'm running NOS, which is annoying-because NOS is an energy drink or a manufacturer of NO2 systems. But you don't inject NOS into your bike.. Either way I'm not. So I asked the guy if the guys running nitrous are snapping crank shafts-and he said "no". Just feel like I'm getting the run around...

I have personally never drank nos but i have heard of people huffing and and they say it makes you feel really good. But on another note is really sounds like you got a crank with a faulty bearing and they are just not wanting to do anything about it.

dude i would be really pissed off.. those fuckers would own up and send a new crank.. sounds like they are definately not standing behind the product and finding ways of saying that you are the one at fault... if there was that much heat you think it would have taken the rod bearings out on that side also.. probably just some impuritys in the metal when that crank was made... they should send you a new one.. i'd go the distance to try and make them.

pff how come I get in trouble for makin comments like that.....

Yeah no doubt, especially seeing as how I found this topic through someone reporting it. :huh:

Part of the reason I gave you a hard time that day fastr was because it was pretty much that same day that you posted bitching about comments like this.. Otherwise I know your a good dude.. Not sure what to say about Loco, like I said, Iam getting people complaining about this.. This one, like yours fastr I know are jokes but I also know some people may buy into it or get annoyed and bitch about it.. WTF loco, you trying to keep use busy with job security?-lol

RIPPEN

should still be covered under warranty..call them and bitch..thats a defect

A defect is certainly possible. Careful inspection of the pieces by a professional should determine if there was truely a defect in the material. One thing to look at closely is the flywheel. Out of balance conditions can cause extreme vibrations and radial forces on the crank. I really doubt the crank got hot enough to actually break. That would be DAMN hot and the bearings and other surfaces would be showing it like charred oil in the crankcase from that. I would get an engineer on the phone from them and send them pics of the situation. If it is truely a defect, they need to know about it anyway.

Brandon

Yeah no doubt, especially seeing as how I found this topic through someone reporting it. :huh:

Part of the reason I gave you a hard time that day fastr was because it was pretty much that same day that you posted bitching about comments like this.. Otherwise I know your a good dude.. Not sure what to say about Loco, like I said, Iam getting people complaining about this.. This one, like yours fastr I know are jokes but I also know some people may buy into it or get annoyed and bitch about it.. WTF loco, you trying to keep use busy with job security?-lol

RIPPEN

reporting what?? what is there to report?

im about to disable that fucking report button. some people are just whiny fuckin babies.

im just a dickhead, not much to say about me! ban me!!