Laegers Banshee Chassis

LaegerEliminator

Where are you at in Montana? I was born in Kalispell we go out there every summer. It would be cool to meet up for a ride. I would love to swap rides with you for a few to see the difference between your Laeger shee and my Lonestar quad. What do you have for a rear shock? I have the same story I remember seeing the duncan bikes 10-15 yrs ago and saying I am going to have one of those someday.There are few of us around that still love these Shee's enough to spend some coin on a mx frame. It would be sweet if we could get a few of us together for a ride. I want to see some pics of your outlaw Cam please :D

Where are you at in Montana? I was born in Kalispell we go out there every summer. It would be cool to meet up for a ride. I would love to swap rides with you for a few to see the difference between your Laeger shee and my Lonestar quad. What do you have for a rear shock? I have the same story I remember seeing the duncan bikes 10-15 yrs ago and saying I am going to have one of those someday.There are few of us around that still love these Shee's enough to spend some coin on a mx frame. It would be sweet if we could get a few of us together for a ride. I want to see some pics of your outlaw Cam please :D

:whoa: Hol crap billy ! This world is small at times - I live in Polson! Raised here since I was 2 (1980). Never left - I have a landscape and excavation business. I'd sure like to see the sun a little more in the winter though.

Your bike is gorgeous!

That would be awsome to connect with you next time your up. I have my own track on 20 acres West of town that we could tear it up on. Its fast too where my machine is happiest. Tight and technical is not near as fun on this one.

I would definitely like to see the difference between them too. You have the JSR fuel injection on yours right? That realy has my interest.

I have the CR500 rear linkage with an ELKA Elite dual rate on the back, ELKA Elite triple rates up front. Honestly I have not been totaly satisfied with the shocks and have had to put a lot of tuning and tinkering into them to get them to kinda perform up to my expectations. I probably need to have Matt check them out sometime. I've had a hard time getting them to ride smooth and not bottom badly on big jumps. I think the valving and spring combo may be out of balance.

On the overall though this thing is night and day better than the stock chassis. I would have snapped a stock chassis in half by now with what this can handle.

This thing has been my pasion and my sole sorce of play. And yes, I have a bunch of coin into it - more than any sane person would spend.

Again - small world ! :cheers:

Love this thread, it's about time there is something devoted to the elusive LSR and Leager builds. You never see much about them other then mention here and there and the occasional pic.

This may be more than some are willing to answer but roughly what is the cost of the complete Outlaw rolling chassis and the price of the Leager? I have not had the coin all at once to consider a call to either company worth their while (Or so I assume shrug03.gif) to price one out. I also do not have the developed ability or the tools to build my own as of now, like Evan.

Keep the pictures coming guys, no cooler banshee's out there in my opinion. Lets see yours Cam. beer.gif

Love this thread, it's about time there is something devoted to the elusive LSR and Leager builds. You never see much about them other then mention here and there and the occasional pic.

This may be more than some are willing to answer but roughly what is the cost of the complete Outlaw rolling chassis and the price of the Leager? I have not had the coin all at once to consider a call to either company worth their while (Or so I assume shrug03.gif) to price one out. I also do not have the developed ability or the tools to build my own as of now, like Evan.

Keep the pictures coming guys, no cooler banshee's out there in my opinion. Lets see yours Cam. beer.gif

I think that Laegers has $7,250.00 posted on their website currently for a complete roller.

The price was a little bit higher when I bought mine late 2007 from them. Of course that was when things were booming and they really had very little interest in building one for me at that time. They had their hands full with 450 4-stroke parts sales.

I have no idea what LSR is asking, if they even make there version any more.

Keep in mind, that is just for the complete roller, then you start adding all of the usual goodies, plus you have to factor in additional for some stuff to be hand fabricated, massaged or tweaked to get it to all come together. It all adds up pretty quickly. Its like building and old muscle car and adapting newer, higher performance suspension, brakes, ect. It's a lot of work and time, but you get back what you put into it. Depends on how far you wana take it. B)

Yeah we hit Flathead and do a backpacking trip every summer. I will definently hit you up this summer. That must be hard having 20 acre's and your own mx track! I love Montana would like to have a summer home out there someday to hot here in the summer but supposed to hit 60 today! Yeah the quad has the Jsr injection it has been fun. I love passing guys on 450's with +6 swingers like they are standing still on the sand hills with a -1 swinger. I don't think it's better then a fully built mx450 on a tight mx track the motor is way overkill. It handles every bit as good though.

As far as Lsr goes you can snatch a frame for 2,500.00 they are building them now two use either Honda 450 parts or yfz! I figure I could build one for close to what a new yfz 450r would cost of course you would have to buy used arms, suspension, motor ect but you could build it how you wanted and parts are easy to get. I am working on a few business deals but in the near future I plan on doing another one.

Yeah we hit Flathead and do a backpacking trip every summer. I will definently hit you up this summer. That must be hard having 20 acre's and your own mx track! I love Montana would like to have a summer home out there someday to hot here in the summer but supposed to hit 60 today! Yeah the quad has the Jsr injection it has been fun. I love passing guys on 450's with +6 swingers like they are standing still on the sand hills with a -1 swinger. I don't think it's better then a fully built mx450 on a tight mx track the motor is way overkill. It handles every bit as good though.

As far as Lsr goes you can snatch a frame for 2,500.00 they are building them now two use either Honda 450 parts or yfz! I figure I could build one for close to what a new yfz 450r would cost of course you would have to buy used arms, suspension, motor ect but you could build it how you wanted and parts are easy to get. I am working on a few business deals but in the near future I plan on doing another one.

[/quot

This is the place for outdoor recreation that is for sure! A great place to live too if you can figure out a way to earn a decent living though. Now's the perfect time to buy a lake/summer home with the way prices have dropped around here.

No where near 60 here today. Not much sun either!

It is nice to have my own track and land. Super hard to find any local tracks with-in range let alone ones that are quad friendly. Of course I still ride near as often as I would like.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for posting those pics.. sorry it was kinda dirty in them.. it has a 421 stock cylinder motor in it its actually the sister bike to the one with the injection. i bought this one from the "buddy" that rode with the other guy in wichita.

i think the time i have had it i have rode it more then they ever did these bikes were trailer/ dyno queens. after i bought it i blew the basket to hell ( stupid design) and redid the entire motor more to what i like. then put it on alcohol after a year or so i think the alky is a lil to much HP in the trails. so i'm going back to pump gas for now.

i'd sell mine.. but its not going to be no 2500 bucks//

Thanks Matt. It was in Dw but that write up was a bit exaggerated. I laughed about quite a few things in that article.

Cam nice shee! I think mine has the same story. The front peps were so incredibly toast and it had serious starting issues. The priming factor was way off and the choke was set at 40% at all temperatures so once it was really warmed up it would not start at all. Waiting 10-15 for the bike to cool off to start was not fun. I swapped the standard travel peps out for some Elkas and long travel lsr arms. I have not regretted buying the quad for a second though and the guy I got it from is a good guy. I just think he didn’t really ride it allot other than a quick rip on the dyno or down a whoop trail before I had it. I have it pretty well setup now it works really well for what I like to do.

the guy that you got yorus from rode with the dude i bought mine from.. they were definately trailer queen's. which is a good thing in my eyes!! i know neither of them were ever raced or flipped or wrecked.!

at least you got it all figured out! i'd like to send these shocks in for a rebuild, revalve but its just not al that high on the priority list.. these chassis's are amazing in design. i'd love to see LSR build one but use the YFZ plastic, and tank, bars, seat ergo/ combination.