Banshee vs ltr450

i had an 07 ltr with no air box lid and a cherry bomb and my 07 shee with just t6's airbox vents no snorkle jetted fairly well and the ohhhh so powerfull moose racing boost bottle! lol haha on a hard packed oil'd road second gear start on the shee i could leave the ltr as soon as i hit 3rd gear and just wave at it good bye . i couldent launch in second on the ltr unless i really sliped the clutch it just hooked to good the shee would just spin right through second. others will say this is false but both were mine and both were new 6 months old and almost same results when riders were switched i hung in there a little better when riding the ltr but still lost .

just a little first hand experiance

Edited by mason07shee

the ltr450 you listed probably has slightly more horsepower, but definitely more torque. lighter weight too. it's going to depend on the actual set-up..

a stock ltr450 is geared 14-36 with 18" rear tires. a stock banshee is geared 14-41 with 20" rear tires. using a gearing calculator, with these specifications the top speed is nearly the same, less than a 1 mph benefit for the banshee, but the suzuki would outpull the banshee in all gears, and the banshee would need to play "catch-up."

roughly the ltr450 will win a short to medium distance drag race, and definitely low end by far. both vehicles starting a race side by side at top speed in a large open field will be extremely close.

i had an 07 ltr with no air box lid and a cherry bomb and my 07 shee with just t6's airbox vents no snorkle jetted fairly well and the ohhhh so powerfull moose racing boost bottle! lol haha on a hard packed oil'd road second gear start on the shee i could leave the ltr as soon as i hit 3rd gear and just wave at it good bye . i couldent launch in second on the ltr unless i really sliped the clutch it just hooked to good the shee would just spin right through second. others will say this is false but both were mine and both were new 6 months old and almost same results when riders were switched i hung in there a little better when riding the ltr but still lost .

just a little first hand experience

very well put, and i can see this being very genuine and authentic.

the ltr450 is extremely corked up with stock exhaust. with a full yoshimura rs5 exhaust, the results you have stated will be flipped. also, your t6 exhaust is a better exhaust than the fmf exhaust on the other shee.

the ltr450 you listed probably has slightly more horsepower, but definitely more torque. lighter weight too. it's going to depend on the actual set-up..

a stock ltr450 is geared 14-36 with 18" rear tires. a stock banshee is geared 14-41 with 20" rear tires. using a gearing calculator, with these specifications the top speed is nearly the same, less than a 1 mph benefit for the banshee, but the suzuki would outpull the banshee in all gears, and the banshee would need to play "catch-up."

roughly the ltr450 will win a short to medium distance drag race, and definitely low end by far. both vehicles starting a race side by side at top speed in a large open field will be extremely close.

something is not right some where here because 5th gear on the shee was just slightly slower then 5th on the ltr but hit sixth gear and it was a no contest . :blink: easy 6mph + like nothing ....... the stock shee tires balloon like a mofo to .... could have something to do with it

i liked the 450 but it was stolen and im a 2 stroke guy at heart just thought i would try one oh and withe the money bought the old girl a sportsman lol ... im not saying the ltr 450 is slow but i would get my ass handed to me on a regular basis in a straight line against all my buddies... raptor 700 with pipe and programer - a stock kfx 450 - and a stock yfz 450 and big bore raptor 660

and i could usually win with the shee or at least be in the ball park lol with just the mods i had listed

very well put, and i can see this being very genuine and authentic.

the ltr450 is extremely corked up with stock exhaust. with a full yoshimura rs5 exhaust, the results you have stated will be flipped. also, your t6 exhaust is a better exhaust than the fmf exhaust on the other shee.

yeah i hear you on the exhaust on the shee being a better pipe ...."in my opinion" and yeah i have got a bit cocky after that and lost to a what i could tell to be a piped cherry bombed ltr..... he wouldent tell me what was done to it :blush: