r1 engine or shee engine?

devin4491

I want to build a beast bike, and i want it to compete... but i cant seem to find a shee engine with upwards of 70hp for cheaper than $1500... i already have an r1 engine, but the framework is gunne cost another $800.. and thats not including the crapload of money i have to spend to get one off parts made for this bike to even come together.. i just got to thinking today.. and i cant figure out which to go with. (keep in mind im 17 and dont have like $2500 to dispose of) so which way you guys think i should go?

so you want to drag race this bike? sand dirt or tarmac??

if you dont have much money try get hold of a cheep set of CUB cylinders or even a nice set of stockers to drag port.

putting an R1 engine in a shee frame = lots of time and money! LOTS! ask LOCO and BigRed350.

my thoughts anywyay

DB

all im going to say is the r1 is gana caoust u a fortine. and plus i know its a big motor and has speed and power but ive seen cubs, strokers, 4 mills, 10 mills that have beat r1 banshees. its like some cars. i beat ud take a 454 over a 350 any day. but the 350 could smoke a 454. it all deponds on setup. if it was up to me id pick a pv motor. also with the r1 ur gana have no space for any thing u have 2 cram the electronics in and radiators oil cooler gas tank. its gana take alot more work money every thing and a cheetah could have a good chance at beating the r1 shee

oww by the way a pv motor is a motor that has powervalves. go with a cheetah with pv's

how much do those cost? like lowest price imaginable? i dont know anything about shees. i love them, but i have all four strokes except for this project... so im still learnin.. and i really appreciate all the help you guys are givin..

Edited by devin4491

how much do those run?

the kits are anywhere from $3,000 and up plus install labor etc.

my 485 kit cost $4,000 plus carbs and boots, plus case machining, plus heavy duty clutches, plus labor and so on..

on ebay right now, someone is auctioning a brand new 496 cheetah pv complete kit minus crank, it'll probably sell for around half price or so.. it has ten hours left.

how much do those cost? like lowest price imaginable? i dont know anything about shees. i love them, but i have all four strokes except for this project... so im still learnin.. and i really appreciate all the help you guys are givin..

the 400cc complete pv kit is roughly $3,000 + install labor, etc.

the kits are anywhere from $3,000 and up plus install labor etc.

my 485 kit cost $4,000 plus carbs and boots, plus case machining, plus heavy duty clutches, plus labor and so on..

on ebay right now, someone is auctioning a brand new 496 cheetah pv complete kit minus crank, it'll probably sell for around half price or so.. it has ten hours left.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^if the guy on ebay is tax prowg he a good seller i boght my pt mids from him for 300 shipped and their 699.00 new

I think you would have trouble gettin the gearing right in the R-1 also, that seems to be a problem i have seen with those kinds of transplants.

yeah i was gunna have pbi make me some.. i needed around a 65-70 tooth rear and a 14 front... but i dont have to worry about that problem anymore lol.. you think anyone on here would be interested in buying an r1 engine?