sellers wtf?

it seems to me like more than half of the topics in this section dont follow these rules:

:evil: please guys. this is not an auction, no make me an offer ads.please ad your price, pics, location, and a phone number if possible.

also alot of people post items and put "banshee parts" as the topic i think since your in a banshee forum and in the for sale section that could go without saying instead of having me sorting through worthless posts trying to sell stock pipes off of an 03 350 twin that had "Parts" as the topic title

all im trying to say is if i wanted to spend time sifting through shit parts to find a good one..and then had to beg borrow and deal to get them i would spend more time on ebay.

deff 2x on that

I triple that motion!!! Come on guys, this is not eBay. If you want the most on your return, use eBay. If you have a set price your thinking of use this forum or a classifieds site such as craiglist, etc... Also be smart with your transactions. Seems like nobody ever has any common sense anymore.

Pay with PayPal - I hate them too but if the seller starts jerking you around, File a Chargeback. I am patient but I do not believe you should take 1 month to ship something yet you collected the buyers money!

:shrug: Save all emails! - This is the best way to call out a potential scammer so the moderators can ban the S.O.B!

If accepting a check, Call the bank listed on the check and have them verify that the buyer has funds available. You don't like playing basketball with that rubber check do ya?

Remember cash is king! Don't send money in the mail either! I only use cash then get a reciept afterwards only in person.

Lastly, Don't send out your parts to someone who promises to send you the money! If your sending something away such as a head for port work, etc... Get a valid address, phone number, drivers license number and write up a contract and make them sign it. Sounds stupid but if they want your business and are legit, they should be more than happy to help!

I know... I'm a noob, and trailed way off on this topic but I have been sucessfully selling on classifieds, auctions, and forums over the years.

post-30844-1231156757.jpg

it seems to me like more than half of the topics in this section dont follow these rules:

also alot of people post items and put "banshee parts" as the topic i think since your in a banshee forum and in the for sale section that could go without saying instead of having me sorting through worthless posts trying to sell stock pipes off of an 03 350 twin that had "Parts" as the topic title

all im trying to say is if i wanted to spend time sifting through shit parts to find a good one..and then had to beg borrow and deal to get them i would spend more time on ebay.

I search the for sale forum all the time and really dont think its that bad.

I can look on the front page right now and pretty much all the post title's are self explanitory.

My opinion is if your wasting to much of your so-called time sifting through for sale ads, post in the "wanted" section or use the search button in the 4 sale section as 01 stroker has mentioned,.

This topic is also one reason I started making one thread for each item I am selling. That way it is to the point. When I used to make one thread for multiple items, potential buyers would not read trough all of the posts to see if an item had already been sold or not. They would jump to the bottom or send me a PM without ever reading through. So for me, from now on....one item per thread to keep it clean and fewer posts on that thread.

I thought it was a little easier if you are doing a part out to just do one thread, that way you are not taking up so much space in the classifieds, but if guys want one post per part, I'll start doing that along with the rest of the guys that are doing that. I just hate having so many posts in the classified section.

I hate when sombodys doing a huge partout and you have to read through 3 pages of posts to find out if 1 item is sold. Its so much easyer when people just edit the first post.

I don't believe any of us can edit the first post, other than the moderators. You can only edit it for a short while, not sure the length of time.

This topic is also one reason I started making one thread for each item I am selling. That way it is to the point. When I used to make one thread for multiple items, potential buyers would not read trough all of the posts to see if an item had already been sold or not. They would jump to the bottom or send me a PM without ever reading through. So for me, from now on....one item per thread to keep it clean and fewer posts on that thread.

POST WHORE :biggrin:

Walmart has a 25pk of tampons on sale $12.99