studs or chains?

I run paddle (sand gecko) with like 30-40 studs looking like this:

415129279_ft_fl.png

And it runs well on ice and not to bad in snow...

But it's a little expensive :mellow:

man i had those studs on my xcsp and it threw a rooster tail of ice about 100 ft, but only helped on ice. if you stud your tires, they are just winter tires after that unless they are studable from the factory. i bet them geccos are pretty knarley in the snow

I only run my studed paddle during winter... I prefer 4snow in the snow but paddle are not to bad... and the 4snow were not a good choice for this kind of stud it's very soft... My front tire are normal tire with atv/dirt bike stud (aprox 1500 studs in two tire)

my riding area is pure ice and i was thinking of studding my tires or puttung chains on lets hear everyones opinion

also i was wondering if you could buy some screws from a hardware store that would work?

yes, ive used screws from hardware stores with great luck. i used the #10 hex head about 1/2" long. screw them all over your tires. DO NOT use self tapping screws!!!

ive also used chains, but they are heavier and theres always the chance of throwing them or them tearing up your tire.

yes, ive used screws from hardware stores with great luck. i used the #10 hex head about 1/2" long. screw them all over your tires. DO NOT use self tapping screws!!!

ive also used chains, but they are heavier and theres always the chance of throwing them or them tearing up your tire.

Thats what I was wondering.. Seems like chains are just asking to jack shit up.. :blink:

RIPPEN