Pilot Jet

WiII

Hi guys

I would like to know what you are thinking about this. My low end very suck. When I start in 1st gear, it's like if I were in 2nd, There is no low torque, but my mid and top range are ok. actually, my pilot are 32,5, main jet is 290, 4th groove on the needle. I've got fmf fatty exhaust with t5 silencer, no lid and KnN filter, +4 timing. So do you think my pilot is too rich or too lean ?? Thanx a lot

32.5 is waaaaaaaaay rich. try a 27.5

I agree you need a smaller pilot bad.

People are always too fast to change the pilots.Put your stockers back in and you will be fine....

Mark

True sometimes BUT if you run your stock pilot (25) you may only have the air/fuel screw out 1/2 turn or so.. 27.5 seems to be the one of choice with air/fuel screw 1-2 turns out range.

i ran a 27.5, it would start first kick cold with no choke then after it was warm it didnt want to idle or start. messed around with the air screws pulling my hair out. so i put the stockers back in at 2 turns out. runs ways better...moral of the story is try the stockers first (25) then move up the next size (27.5) if the stockers dont work,