Talk me out of getting a 2into1!

shogs

I'm running stock carbs right now and i'm trying to get more low end out of my shee. I have fmf fatties, about to get +4 timing, vf3's, and a pro design cool head. For riding tight trails what kind of carbs would be my best bet and where can I find them. I want a ton of low end but still decent mid and top end power. I really want a 2-1 carb for easy tuning and the look but everyone says there not worth it. Talk me out of getting a 2-1!

LOL, i can't talk you out of it myself.. i have 3 banshee's. and my "trail" banshee ahs the 2 into 1 on it, and it is staying.. i love mine for the woods and trails... its just like porting etc.. its all about what you are doing with the bike and the setup.. ... good luck deciding. if i where you i would get one and try it, keep your stock carbs, if you don't like it they still sell very well so you should be able to get money back..

I rock the 2into1 35mm. Absolutely no complaints. I was very pleased with it. I am moving to dual carbs for glamis and just because I want to try something new. I say go for it. If you want I will be selling mine in the next week here. #1banshee can tell u how much more jump mine had. but He does get me towards the mid to top he pulls away. but let me tell you it has some killer low end get up and go.

You would see more of a gain from a set of low-mid pipes like pro circuits or fmf gnarleys. Stock reed cages with a low or mid tension reed petal, and dropping dome sizes to increase your compression. Lighten the flywheel for some quicker revs, or even get a dyna cdi and run that bad boy on curve 3 or send it to me and have me program a low end curve in it. Im starting to get sick of explaining this 2 into 1 thing! Dont you guys ever read other posts or do forum searches? The 2 into 1 is a waste of money.

As far as your mods I wouldn't worry about upgrading your carbs. If you see my mods I am still running stock carbs because they are kind of under rated and many people will say its so much better with bigger carbs. I'm not denying it is because going to give you more flow, but until you start going with like a 4mil. or heavy dune porting etc. buying brand new carbs isn't worth the small increase. If you can find a good used set or 2 into 1 for a great price it's not really worth it. That's my only my opinion though

And I want to lay pipe to Megan Fox while Scarlett Johannsen cradles my step children...but that ain't gonna happen either.

Buy a four stroke...

Funny you should say that. I have a z400. Thats my play/wheelie bike. It is possible to gain low end without giving up topend. It's just not possible for you to get hot chicks! :biggrin:

It is possible to gain low end without giving up topend.

Is that supposed to read is it...or it is?

You're not gaining the bottom end you're looking for without taking away a significant portion of top end.

What you can do is gear it down...get it ported accordingly for less hit and a more linear power band.

I do plan on gearing the front sprocket down one for stock. I might go with a 13 in the front because 14 is stock right? I need to check my dome size after I drain my coolant and stuff today. The coolant in the radiator is the same as the coolant in the reservoir right? And its Ok to change it as long as you drain it all first?

As far as your mods I wouldn't worry about upgrading your carbs. If you see my mods I am still running stock carbs because they are kind of under rated and many people will say its so much better with bigger carbs. I'm not denying it is because going to give you more flow, but until you start going with like a 4mil. or heavy dune porting etc. buying brand new carbs isn't worth the small increase. If you can find a good used set or 2 into 1 for a great price it's not really worth it. That's my only my opinion though

Stock carbs are dinosaurs, that is one reason people upgrade to 28PWKs. A timing plate and head/domes are small increases compared to porting, but people do that all the time. :confused: