2 into 1 problems

where abouts in the throttle range is it bogging? ie 1/4...1/3... 1/2...3/4's as this tells you which circuit is out of balance. if its idling fine then its not the pilot. if it around mid then its probably down to the needle position being too high (clip too low). but as stated 39mm does seem awfully big.

where abouts in the throttle range is it bogging? ie 1/4...1/3... 1/2...3/4's as this tells you which circuit is out of balance. if its idling fine then its not the pilot. if it around mid then its probably down to the needle position being too high (clip too low). but as stated 39mm does seem awfully big.

it boggs up to about half throttle

well basic carb theory dictates that if its between 1/4-3/4 throttle then its needle postion being too high or needel jet being too large. (usually a mix of both). check to see where the clip is. on the top of the needle there are 5 slots. standard bring slot 2 0r 3 (clip settings are always counted from the top down). the lower the clip the high the needle will be in the needle jet therefore letting too much petrol in. raise the clip one slot at a time and test every time. if you get all the way to the top slot then the chances are the needle-jet combo are probably too big.

also a point to add is the taper on the neele, racing or "tuned needle's" have a more agressive taper to allow faster fuel delivery.

hope this helps

drop a smaller main jet in it.. see if it improves.. if not i would play with using different needles.. i had the same problem with my 2 into 1 setup (35mm pwk) then i switched to the EEK needle and it runs excellent.. i still had to dial in my jetting of course.. but no more dead spots or blurbering