new razar gncc tire coming out?

trail rider

we stopped by bill balance's race shop the other day to get a truck load of free used tires with holes, and a few good used ones with just one race on em and no holes for 20$ a piece, and on his tire rack there was some new kind of mean lookin tire that ive never seen before. I got to lookin at it and it said "ballance" and "razar" on the side wall and the tread design was very very similar to the holeshot gncc tire. the knobs were about the same size, if not bigger, with the big "X" style knob like on the regular razar tires. one of his mechanics was there and he said it was a new promo tire that they were testing and stuff, but didnt say anything about if or when they would be coming out.

that would be awesome, ive always wondered when razr would come out with a tire to compete with the GNCC, i have the gnccs and love them, but they just wear out way too damn fast, the wider spacing is great though and they hookup better than any razrs. if razr made some with wider spacing than the other razrs and razr 2's,and a bit harder compound than the gncc uses i thiink that would be the best trail tire out there. i guess we will see soon

Edited by Michael Jackson

hold up how do u get that lucky to just pull up to bill ballance's shop and load up free tires and get hardly used tires for 20 bucks u must have some major conections or something huh lol can u hook da rest of us up lol

by the way what part of ky u live im in the good ol bluegrass too

hold up how do u get that lucky to just pull up to bill ballance's shop and load up free tires and get hardly used tires for 20 bucks u must have some major conections or something huh lol can u hook da rest of us up lol

by the way what part of ky u live im in the good ol bluegrass too

do you know where the ballance motorcross track is? located on 31W about 7 0r 8 miles from Bowling green. His new shop is located right there beside the road that goes to his track. I live about 10 mins from the track. Bill was there that day we stopped by and loaded up the tires, but he was busy on the phone and rebuilding a shock or something. one of his mechanics was there and picked us out some tires. they had like 15 yfz's in there, and like 5 of em were brand new 09 yfz's. probably never even been started or broke in. he had a big tire rack with all kinds of tires and in one of the storage rooms he had a huge freakin pile of used tires with some small holes and stuff. the mechanic guy that helped us was pretty cool, he said come back any time we needed more tires by the truck load. I guess theyd like to get rid of all the used ones cause they just take up space.

and most of the free ones just have like one or two small holes, just put in a plug or two and your all set, or at the most just run a tube. yea the idea did come to mind of selling some tires on ebay for like 5 or 10 bucks a tire, and just tell em to plug the holes or run a tube in em. but I guess shipping would would get kinda pricy. where in KY are u at? hell even for 20 bucks a tire, it would be worth a hour or so drive to get some cheap tires.

Edited by trail rider

yeah i have razr 2's on my 400ex and it seemed like that thing could go through anything with ease till they got bout half tread and then they would still hook good but wore very fast i got gncc's on my banshee and love them too but it just seemed like the razrs cleaned out easyer

looks like i may have to take a trip to bowling green LOL im just outside fort knox in a small town by the drag strip maybe this summer we could meet up somewere for a ride like royal atv trails or somethin

so what did u all do just stop in one day or did u know someone there that let you in man id love to meet bill ballance just to see if he is a regular guy or like most other famous people a stuck up a$$ LOL

actualy i need some new back tires now i was thinkin bout tryin out some called slingshots cus they kinda cheap till this spring and get some new razr2's but dont know may just run bolagna skins on da back till spring lol

Edited by pitkendall

hell yea man we deffinatly need to go ridin. we rode at royal atv a couple years ago, pretty nice little place but not real big or anything. I think they have a harescramble race there in the spring sometime, me and my brothers are plannin on racing in it. yea we just stopped by when we seen that somebody was there, usually a big diesel truck or something in the driveway since thats what most of those ballance boys drive. just knocked on the door and hollared anybody there?, lol. ive never really met bill myself or talked with him or anything but im sure hes a pretty laid back guy.

that would be awesome, ive always wondered when razr would come out with a tire to compete with the GNCC, i have the gnccs and love them, but they just wear out way too damn fast, the wider spacing is great though and they hookup better than any razrs. if razr made some with wider spacing than the other razrs and razr 2's,and a bit harder compound than the gncc uses i thiink that would be the best trail tire out there. i guess we will see soon

I Razr's do have wide spacing.

100_2261.jpg

• 1 month later...