My Stock A-Arm Modification Thread

regalrocket

Wow guys, I am glad to see that others have taken interest in this idea. It has worked so good so far. I have ridden all summer with no issues, othere than silky smooth geometry. Here are some pictures on the bike for those wondering.

Because you guys asked, pictures on the quad.

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

Some weak pictures of me in GA

DSC01901.jpg

This one on the trailer has me next to a 2+1 machine. Just so you can see the stance remains the same, while the travel extends slightly.

DSC01893.jpg

All told, this added like 1.25 inches to the width. I cut the stock stearing links and cut/over sleaved tubing to make them work. I have had friends with long travel wide width arms that really like these. The machine has a nice balance, and keeps a good turing radius. Fits between trees really good too.

I have had a few requests for me to do this mod. Unfortunatly life has me really busy. And although I love doing fab work, I am attempting to change my career, and fab just as a hobby. If this changes, I will let you guys know. Thanks again for the kind remarks.

Oh as a final addition. BUY THE AZCUSTOMQUADS JOINTS!! I machined my own weld on adapters, and reamed the spindles to fit the auto tie rod ends. Once these fail, I am going to get some used stock spindles and add these his joints. I hate having anything that is modified, when there is a part that will bolt on without it. His 5 dollar adapters saves a good few hours, and makes this a weekend project instead of a week. Do it.................... do it do it.

Edited by regalrocket

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a old post but i like this>i really like to see people doing stuff on their own instead of listening to the yo yos on the sideline that like to talk smack of how"this wont work or geometry is off or less than optimal shock angle"blah blah.This right here is one of the fun parts(to me) of customizing a ride.Way to think outside the box instead of waiting for somebody or company to come to the rescue by throwing cash at them.I love it.

• 3 years later...