1-5 over ride tranny

sorry for this question if it annoys someone hahah but what is it exactly and wat are the pros and cons of it??

it is a tranny that allows you to shift without letting off the gas or pulling in on the clutch. its for drag racing and duning and well i guess anything these days really. There are many different packages that you can get but the most common is the 1-5 duneable with neutral down.

sorry for this question if it annoys someone hahah but what is it exactly and wat are the pros and cons of it??

I had the same question we see a lot of ''over ride'' tranny in the posts here :P it's nice to know what people are talking about

I had the same question we see a lot of ''over ride'' tranny in the posts here :P it's nice to know what people are talking about

What's a good price for an override? Is it better to have your existing tranny changed to an override, or buying the tranny as an override from a performance shop? Do they change the gears around at all? The tranny I have in my bike the gears are bit closer. It's the tranny mod that Stallworth does (NMotion, Power Playground, JSR). I have to say, I love it! I wouldn't want to lose that.

well if you got the money its well worth it. Once you ride one you will never want to ride a stock banshee tranny again.

Price ranges from tranny to tranny but I think the 1-5 duneable with nuetral down from WCR i got for 400, maybe 375 cause i had three cut at the same time. And the money you pay is a service done to your stock tranny, just like porting.

well if you got the money its well worth it. Once you ride one you will never want to ride a stock banshee tranny again.

Price ranges from tranny to tranny but I think the 1-5 duneable with nuetral down from WCR i got for 400, maybe 375 cause i had three cut at the same time. And the money you pay is a service done to your stock tranny, just like porting.

WCR christmas sale...$300.00 for a 5 speed override and $400.00 for a 6 speed override... just sent mine off today..... sale on Planet____

alright one more question ahahah sorry but is it a seperat tranny or is the stock one modified?

it is a modified transmission.

the gears are cut and the shift drum is also modified.

the only con i can think of with the override is wearing

out your shift forks. well worth it in the long run imo.

Gears are cut, dog are removed and the remaining dogs are ramp cut at an angle.

You take a 3/4 gear and chop it in half, add it to the tranny.

Cut and weld the drum, and the shift star...depending on what config you have (1-5, 2-5, nuetral down, etc.) can be ground, welded, etc.

Some configurations remove 6th gear, some block them off.... It all depends on what you're looking for.

And I can beat Whitaker's pricing....:) His prices are with your good core.

PM me if you're interested....

As far as is it worth it for your bike....here's the question you have to answer.

How does your bike shift under full power, from one gear to the next?

If it shifts fine...then leave it. Unless you drag race a lot, dune race....I don't think you need it.

On a bolt on stocker bike...you don't need it.

When you start pushing the power with agressive porting or drag race a lot, it is a MUST.

Once you start pushing the power, a stronger clutch and/or lockup is a good idea too.

To be honest, and don't take this the wrong way....if you have to ask or have a stockish bike, probably not worth it.

If you plan on building a bigger, faster motor and will have it torn down....well, that's the time to do it.

Edited by dajogejr

it is a tranny that allows you to shift without letting off the gas or pulling in on the clutch. its for drag racing and duning and well i guess anything these days really. There are many different packages that you can get but the most common is the 1-5 duneable with neutral down.

so if your shee makes alot of power, it wont shift normally with the clutch? or is it that you cant powershift and you can with an over ride tranny? i guess i just dont fully understand. i mean, mine is not that far from stock and i cant powershift too great right now. i would like to build a 485 cheatah one day but if itll shift with the clutch, i wont get a over ride because i wont be dragging except just racing friends. sorry, didnt mean to hijack the thread.