what am i looking for?

really puttin myself on the chopping block here for posting this video, but its a good example of finding the power i want/need. towards the end of the climb i lifted off the gas and went back for it, and it just died. i know in that case i should have just down shifted, and not let off. making it up that hills not what im asking because its im just using the video as refrence. on the side of coal banks u often have to lift off the gas to get around rocks or trees. i know displacement would work, but im wondering if theres anything i could do with the porting carbs or timing that would give me more type of that bottom without giving up anything on top? o heres the video

really puttin myself on the chopping block here for posting this video, but its a good example of finding the power i want/need. towards the end of the climb i lifted off the gas and went back for it, and it just died. i know in that case i should have just down shifted, and not let off. making it up that hills not what im asking because its im just using the video as refrence. on the side of coal banks u often have to lift off the gas to get around rocks or trees. i know displacement would work, but im wondering if theres anything i could do with the porting carbs or timing that would give me more type of that bottom without giving up anything on top? o heres the video

looks like when you got out of it you lost your momentum.shoulda stayed in it looked like ya would have made it.hard to get momentum back when you loose it where you need it most. more hp can get you in to trouble as well.what mods do you have at this point.

yes a little clutch would help .. i hope that wasnt your gf that called you an idiot lol.. porting would give u more...

yea, like i said i was putting myself out on the chopping block for the video, i know what im doing in the saddle alot more than that video shows...i was just using it for refrence as to where i want more power to come from...i know i want to get a port job, but i dont know which one to order. my mods will be dmc 916's uni pod filters cool heads with 20cc domes and vforce 3.

Do the mods you said you were going to do than get an adjustable timing plate, set it at +4. As far as porting contact Brandon at Wildcard Racing (Slobanshee06) he'll help you with anything does great work and has a great turn around time, he'll be able to set you up real nice

does anyone know which style port would be the best for this style riding? this video

isnt me, but shows the kind of obsticals like trees and large rocks i would have to feather the gas/clutch to negotiate, and then have enough bottom to get going again...i know someone from the coal region has anwsers for me? im trying to stay at stock displacment. Edited by BanditOnTheBanshee

I would say you would deffinatly be looking for a Dune port. A dune port is supose to give you a strong mid range and top end. It will take away from the bottom end.

There is generaly 4 types of port jobs.

MX port wich is geard twards making bottom end. It doesnt give a huge increase in mid range or top end.

Trail port. It's gains more in the midrange

Dune port. gains in the mid range but a lot more top end at the expence of the bottom end.

Drag port. Big gains on the top end but at the expence of the midrange.