Extend swingarm Opinion

jtownrider

I've seen this come up alot. Most people on here bash extended swingarms for trail riding. I have a +6 on mine, and that's pretty much all the riding I do. Aggressive trail, with some small jumps, woops, and lots of hills. I love my extended arm. I DO NOT have problems with steering, and it whips right around corners. IMO, it helps cornering because you can keep your momentum, and powerslide through them. I guess it's just what you like though. I will say, they put alot more stress on the rear shock when you jump.

i had a plus 4 for awhile and didnt like it at all, when i went off a jump and got to the top the rear was still on the top of the jump and it made me nose dive, i hated it i am now back to stock length

I can power all the way through a jump. Mine used to dive, but I softened the rear shock a little, and made the rebound almost as slow as possible. I had to do alot of adjusting after I busted my knee on the handlebars.

i want to go +2 or +4 for hillclimbs, but im affraid i wont be able to ride wheelies as well?? i know ill still be able to get it up, im just worried about keeping it there.

You'll learn. If you got the motor to get it up, then it shouldn't take too long to figure it out. If my no wheelie-ing ass can do it on a +6, I'm sure you can do it just fine on a +2 or +4.

since ive added a +6 to mine i do still light trail ride it but i have noticed when you come up on a log or a downed tree across a trail it isnt as easy as it was b 4 to get the front end up and hop over them as it used to be.if i didnt have another stock wheelbase quad to ride and was going to use the banshee just for trail riding i would put the stock swing arm back in to it.i will have to say it has made hill climbing sweet though.

Dont want to slide to keep momentum in turns, you wanna bite.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Everytime that I've ridden a bike with a shorter wheelbase, it pushes bad through turns, and you have to slow down and get up on the tank just to navigate them. IMO the turning sucks on a bike with a negative swinger, cause it's biting so good that it wants to keep it going straight. That's just my personal experience with them. I'm sure everyone has their own wheelbase that they like. For me, I can get better times sliding through turns, just like a sprint car.

Sprint cars are biting alot more than you would think.... Quads that push into turns dont do it because of a shorter swingarm, they push because there front width is usually more narrow than the rear (extended axle with stock front setup) A bike with a shorter swing corners faster and handles better.... It is just less stable at speeds. Thats why sprint cars are short wheel base.