flywheel pulling

TJScott

Dont matter where you get it but please do yourself a favor and get one like this:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=71

I have seen alot of messed up flywheels from people using the wrong tools! :banghead:

May not be to bad considering he is in a pinch and he would have to pay shipping from somewhere else. BUT he could get some other goodies shipped and the same time. :wink:

I just worked on a bike that the guy decided that he could pull the flywheel with a 3 jaw puller.....(enter dumbass comment here) he managed to bend and mushroom the end of the crank bad enough that we had to machine the end of the crank to get the nut back on when putting back together.

the other problem i have seen with flywheel pullers (factory style) is that when you use it make sure you get it threaded in all the way or a long way, I have had to use a jaw puller on one occasion where somebody had ripped the threads out of the flywheel, The other time I had to install the puller as far as I cold then tack weld it in to the flywheel to get it off.....pain in the ass...