High Heat Paint on Pipes

Frogger

Im guessing ceramic would hold up better than the powder?  but not have as great of a finish? [/quote

Yes, I've found the ceramic to be more "scuff proof"

K I will prob go that route then.  Just wanna get it done right the first time.  Thanks for the replies and pics guys.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a spray paint call Stove Bright. It's been on my bike for 3 years now, had gas and brake fluid spilled on it and held up fine. All I did after I painted it was to do a couple heat cycles before I rode it to bake it on there good. The only touch ups I have had to do was where I scratched them pulling them back off the bike but easy fix.  They also have lots of colors, I used the metallic black

http://stovepaintbyjim.com/stovechart.jpg

That ceramic on rappy's bike looks killer! However on the 2 stroke pipes, the coatings can do funny things. Problem is some pipes respond to it and others won't like it. Just depends on the particular pipe. I have posted a few times about a conversation about this with Mat Shearer and he has verified that ceramic on his inframe is a hinderance. I would imagine that the same would go for his OOF's as well. I have been wanting to test several other pipes with that concept but have no time lately.

That ceramic on rappy's bike looks killer! However on the 2 stroke pipes, the coatings can do funny things. Problem is some pipes respond to it and others won't like it. Just depends on the particular pipe. I have posted a few times about a conversation about this with Mat Shearer and he has verified that ceramic on his inframe is a hinderance. I would imagine that the same would go for his OOF's as well. I have been wanting to test several other pipes with that concept but have no time lately.

Well ceramic is out of the question then.  what about powder coat,  Is that gonna hinder performance as well?  

just read a cpl email quotes from local powder shops.  $200-250 to do the expansion cambers.  that seems fucking ridiculous.  I think im just gonna paint them then.    should I just sand them or get them bead blasted first?  if sanding what grit would you guys recommend? 

Thanks boys

just read a cpl email quotes from local powder shops. $200-250 to do the expansion cambers. that seems fucking ridiculous. I think im just gonna paint them then. should I just sand them or get them bead blasted first? if sanding what grit would you guys recommend?

Thanks boys

Buy a harbor freight gun, and get a free oven off cl.