yfz450 shock setting

714banshee380

compression should be typically as soft as possible If you start bottoming then stiffen it up. The softer the comp the easier it will be on your hands and arms. rebound everyone likes something different as well as different terrains. Whoops typically a pretty fast rebound to keep the shocks from packing, but you don`t want it to feel like a pogo stick either. other that you might just play with it and see what you like.

With stock a-arms you are going to want to run those shocks with the softest compression and pre-load as you can. Especially if you are riding in sand, you will still notice they feel a little stiffer than stockers even on those settings. You will see the benefit when you get in the rough stuff and get some air though. I was hitting 100+ ft jumps with stock a-arms and yfz shocks set on the softest settings, and Im 215lbs.

These are not stock a-arms though they are Leager +2+1's

It will realy depend on what you like stiff versus soft. but since your pretty light I would start out on the soft side with your preload and compression. Set your rebound in the middle make a few runs over your favorite terrain and see how it feels. If your jumping and botoming hard add some preload to it a couple of turns to see if it helps. then go to your compression settings do a couple of clicks and try again. whoops is realy the best place for making rebound adjustments. If your rebound is set to slow it can shorten travel because it is not responding fast enough that it turn makes your compression feel stiff because of the lack of travel thats called packing. And if its to fast it will feel like it wants to bounce in the air after the impacts. Only do one adjustment at a time compression or rebound don`t do both then test. sometimes the adjustments are real fine and hard to tell if you did anything.So you may want to go 2 clicks each time to which ever one your changing then fine tune when your close.

did you have to compress the shocks to fit in the arms? If so you basically have some preload built into it.

It will realy depend on what you like stiff versus soft. but since your pretty light I would start out on the soft side with your preload and compression. Set your rebound in the middle make a few runs over your favorite terrain and see how it feels. If your jumping and botoming hard add some preload to it a couple of turns to see if it helps. then go to your compression settings do a couple of clicks and try again. whoops is realy the best place for making rebound adjustments. If your rebound is set to slow it can shorten travel because it is not responding fast enough that it turn makes your compression feel stiff because of the lack of travel thats called packing. And if its to fast it will feel like it wants to bounce in the air after the impacts. Only do one adjustment at a time compression or rebound don`t do both then test. sometimes the adjustments are real fine and hard to tell if you did anything.So you may want to go 2 clicks each time to which ever one your changing then fine tune when your close.

did you have to compress the shocks to fit in the arms? If so you basically have some preload built into it.

thanks

a good setting for them is setting on a shelf, sell them and use the money to get you some shocks made for your bike, a ams, riding style, weght,blah blah blah, for what you can get for them on ebay you can probally get a set of works built and be way better off

I can get some works shocks built never used taken off the bike to put aftermarket shocks on for 200 bucks shipped?? oh alright please tell me where i can get them. I would like to purchase them asap