Quick questions about axle bearing

pepehaha

Hello, I have noticed that when I giggle with he shee, Its shaking like 3mm in the place of the right axle bearing in the carrier.

I hope you underestand what I mean :-)

I guess my bearing is kinda fucked, I have already ordered new ones, but the question is, can I keep riding the shee until I replace them without any risk?

Everythinks seems to work fine, except for the play in the bearing carrier on the right side. I have tightened all nuts, so thats not the problem.

Thank you

I agree, don't chance it. My first set failed about 2 miles from the truck in the dunes, had to get towed back by a DS650 and it chewed the carrier pretty good. I would also suggest doing the grease zerk mod to the stock carrier if that's what you're using, just pry the inner seals off the two bearings, drill & tap the carrier for a zerk and you're good to go (I also drilled & tapped for a vent bolt but that's probably optional).

i tried getting 1 more ride outta my 2000. the sprocket hub ground the shit outta my carrier. so instead of bearings, it cost me a new carrier too.

yep, ive done the same thing being a cheap bastard and destroyed my shit,

you can buy the bearings from rocky mountain cheap, world wide bearings and seals, you dont need the whole pivot works kit everytime the bearings go bad, that gets expensive

Edited by Michael Jackson