...New Banshee Owner....

As i typed it out earlier, i was telling myself, i have a feeling there isnt one and im bout to get OWNED...

Printing this Service Manual off tonight if i can LOL

Sorry, didn't mean to put u :down:

But, Yeah, the manual is really helpful.

Also, Try calling A&A Cycle. They are on S.E. 15th in OKC.

They have almost always had what I need (mostly stock parts) on the

shelf. Bailed me out a few times. (405) 634- 4033

sounds like a nice set up you got there.you still running the stock tranny in that? you should get a dunable override in that baby :thumbsup:

1.i run bel ray gear saver 80w...some people prefer other but thats what i run.i change my oil twice each season

2.i run klotz super techniplate in my bikes.blends with gas and methanol so i can just buy a gallon to run in all my toys..again,some people use others such as redline,benol,etc. i mix mine 32:1 and runs great

3.cleaning carbs and such..theres not really tricks to it.just dont half ass it when you do do it.brake clean works wonders for that.

4.sorry,i cant really help ya on this one.im not sure of the shelf life of meth.just keep it up on blocks or a shelf or whatever,not on the ground.

and dont forget to purge your bike after youre done with your trip or ride.the last thing you want is a set of rusted cylinders and pistons and gunked up carbs.u can purge with premium gas with the klotz oil mix.have fun with your new toy man :thumbsup:

From another noob, Sorry if it's a dumb question, but how do I purge it? What are the steps?

From another noob, Sorry if it's a dumb question, but how do I purge it? What are the steps?

Search this forum, use keyword: purge

There are kits you can buy to make it a little easier.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyones input

Thanks Brian for talkin on the phone and helping me out. Plan on heading out Friday Night or Saturday morning to Little Sahara

Yesterday i went and bought

-1 gallon Klotz Super Techniplate $45

-2 ATF Type F oil from Wal mart $2.87 :) :)

-1 5 Gallon Race Jug with Open/release Nozzle ( Damn that thing was like $55 for both parts LOL )

-1 2 Gallon Jug to mix my gas and oil in

-1 Mix Ration Cup

-2 NGk Sparkplugs, didnt have the right size so they said to gap em to 17 or so...Blah

bout to head to redrock up on NW50th at lunch and get about 10 gallons of gas.

I work for an oil company in MI. As long as you keep your barrel of methonal off the floor and out of heat for a long period of time it should keep for awhile. Also keep the barrel closed unless you need fuel. A sure sign to tell if it's good to use or not is if it is cloudy. Should be clear.

Just something I noticed in one of the eariler post you mentiond that the bike was sitting for a while. If the lines were never purged methonal has a bad habit of gumming up lines, jets, etc. and corroding aluminum. So before you run it i would go through all the fuel lines, petcock, carbs etc... That's a nice motor that I wouldn't want to lean out. :sick:

Now I have never run meth on a banshee, but in sprint cars i have and I always found marvel mystery oil works the best on keeping the lines clean. :thumbsup: