what grease to use on crank seals?

bansheejoel

I used some pro-circuit suspension seal grease on my banshee crank seals and it seemed to work good. I lost the grease and only have a automotive grease for like bearings, linkages etc and was wondering if you have to have a certain grease....i sure dont want to toast the new seals on the sled. thanks

Thats why ya put oil in your gas bro... :cool: gotta keep that bottom end lubed up, crank bearings, rod bearings ect....

I know that the pre-mix lubes everything in a 2-stroke engine. I wasnt sure if the pre-mix lubes up the crank seals or if the grease keeps them lubed..........

not even any oil loco? It seems like they would burn up the first time you start it.

ive never put anything on any seal in any motor ive ever put together.. and thats quite a few motors. this is the first ive heard of this. how would they burn up?

i dont get it?

im not buying it.

ive never put anything on any seal in any motor ive ever put together.. and thats quite a few motors. this is the first ive heard of this. how would they burn up?

i dont get it?

im not buying it.

The only thing i can think of is that if there isnt any lube weather it be oil, grease etc the first time the engine fires up the dry crank can heat up and possibly melt the rubber seal due to friction. Im not a pro engine builder but ive been told this by alot of guys who do build engines.

The only thing i can think of is that if there isnt any lube weather it be oil, grease etc the first time the engine fires up the dry crank can heat up and possibly melt the rubber seal due to friction. Im not a pro engine builder but ive been told this by alot of guys who do build engines.

hmm weird. ive never had a problem.