aftermarket ignition?

grizzly700

im new to shees and have been looking around but am not quite sure wat to buy. i was looking at timing plates and that sounds ike the cheapest option to me, but i also need a new ignition coil cause the plug wire end cap cracked on mine so i need a new coil anyways. but i keep hearing dyna and was wondering if thats worth the money or just do the adjustable plate? i just have pipes jets and prolly soon 28mm flat sides. with cool heads hopefully.and k&N pods.

If your wanting an aftermarket coil I would sugest the Nology coil with Nology Hot Wires. Jeff at fast is going to be the best price. You will have to make a mounting bracket. All you really need to make it is a 1.5 to 2 in pice of angle iron or aluminum. Mount the coil to it. Then mount the bracket to the stock mounting location. Use the old coil to make the holes for the bracket.

My banshee seem's to start easer with this coil. Weather mine was on its way out or not who knows.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=46

nology%20coil.JPG

The timing plate is a good mod too. It allows you to advance the timing.

You have 3 options when it comes to a plate.

$35 dollar cast plate from ebay

$50 dollar billit plate from chariot performance (ebay store)

$100 dollar billit plate from Pro Designe.

I run the Pro Design plate because I got it for $45. I would go with the 50$ charriot performance plate. The billit plates are a lot nicer than the cast ones. The small deg marks a easier to see and probably machined in more accurate than the cast plate.

josh

You will find most guys use OEM ignition.... They might try others, but most come back to OEM.

Ricky Stator ignition products are junk, period.

I use a Nology Coil, no complaints, looks cool, and it works.

I bought a Ricky Stator cast plate because when I got mine, Chariot wasn't out yet...and I wasn't paying 100 bucks for a Pro-Design.

I will get a chariot billet plate here soon in the off season, because they're made better than the cast RS plates, period.

As said, you can get NGK replacment ends for the stock coil, do both wires for under 15 bucks...

Do NOT fall for the aftermarket gimmick CDIs that offer 1000 more RPM, etc.

Ignition does not dictate the max RPMs on a two stroke, porting, exhaust, intake....compression, timing...they all do.

Dyna makes a nice CDI but ONLY if you're going to use the advanced features of it (tach output, program the timing to YOUR motor's spec, etc.)

Out of the box, it offers no distinct advantage over an OEM CDI.

The dyna on curves 1, 2, and 3, makes a feel-able difference in how the bike runs. Curve 3 is especially noticeable, its got a bunch of advance at early rpm and lasts up through the top. I run curve 3 with some advance added to the program, and its been a justifiable investment for me. I had to put it on curve 4 (stock) when I was diagnosing my bad plug cap, and I hated every minute of riding with that curve.

so im def getting the chariot plate and going to advance +4. and also will the nology coil make any performance difference or is it just a more durable or higher quality than oem? i just got it running so im prolly gonna build it over this winter and im making my parts list.:)