Who rides in the cold

Washburn

Well its about that time here. I have my 210 main jet ready to put in for the cold. I have nice riding gloves and a hoodie that will squese into my helmet when I put it on. I cant find boots in my size 12 quad E so I have my steel toes but I get alot of miss shifts with them. Most of the people I ride with think Im ccrazy for riding in the freezing cold and some of them have snow mobils and all sorts of warm gear.

Let hear how you guys protect yourselves from cold nip out there in the lower temps.

yeah, long thermal underware helps a shitload too. I usualy put on 1 pait of white sox and a pair of grey and orange thermals on my feet. Getting your feet wet is out of the question when its bitterly cold.

I also have an old hunting suite but it doesnt fit anymore or untill I lose 20lbs.

Edited by Washburn

You are crazy wearing steel toe boots in the cold. buy just regular boots and wear thick socks.

Yeah its really hard to find boots in my size though. Quad E size 12s are hard to come by.

I know it sounds kinds gay, but I know a few people that swear by pantyhose. I can't bring myself to wear them, but I hear they hold in body heat like nothing else. Personally, I just wear longjohns with some cotton BDU's and windbreaker pants on top of that. Up top, just a white-t, sweatshirt, and a fleece lined Polo windbreaker. But, it only drops to about 15 degrees around here, in the dead of winter. It usually stays around 25-30 for the most part. I know it gets way colder up there. By the way, I'm expecting the jokes to fly, so I'm prepared.

jeans, carhart bibs and a hoodie..

if its really fuckin cold.. long underwear, jeans, carhart bibs, sweatshirt and carhart coat. i also have one of those really thin face masks.. that shit keeps me warm. oh yea, i have some carhart gloves that keep my fingers toasty.

hoodie, riding jersey,riding pants(if very cold sweatpants underneath),nofear long socks, shift gloves and when there wet skiing gloves, a bandana if its freezing and my goggles for the snow. heres me in the snow last year on the blasty. hoodie,riding gear tech 3 boots, shift gloves and nofear long socks. im a little cold in this stuff but i dont have to be so warm riding just fairly warm and i'll keep riding!

2551693490103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

2090767570103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

2002244570103339616S500x500Q85.jpg

Edited by lilmegill727

I USE UNDER ARMOR TOP AND BOTTOMS NICE CARHART PANTS A CHEAP PAIR OF GORTEX BOOTS FROM WALMART ONE SIZE BIGGER SO I CAN USE A NICE SET OF HEAVY SOCKS AND A THIN PAIR FIND A PAIR OF THIN SOCKS CANT REMEBER THERE NAME BUT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WICK ANY MOISTURE AWAY FROM YOUR FEET SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND AT ANY SPORTING GOODS STORE AND MY NICE SPLURGES A FULL FACE HELMET ONLY WHEN IT SNOWS HURTS LIKE HELL GETTIN HIT IN THE FACE BY SNOW THIN HEAD SOCK AND A NICE YAMAHA SNOWMOBILE JACKET AND THATS HOW I ROLL IN THE COLD OH AND A GOOD SET OF GLOVES

IMG_0138.jpg

i usually wear, marino wool long johns with insulate carhart jeans, double layer thin socks with 500gram insulate hikers. thermal top, long sleeve shirt, tee shirt and hoodie. Always remember good gloves that are waterproof. i thought i had nasty frostbite last year when my hands got wet and from the wind froze and we were a few miles out. I spent 2 hours with them in the sink when I got back getting them to change back from dark purple. Not fun and hurts so bad it will literally bring tears to your eyes. If you don't believe me try it. Just remember the good Gloves