shees getting a face lift

T_Shee

well i traded for this banshee a couple months ago with the intent to ride it til winter then rebuild it to make it what i want. then on my last trip out shee ate a rod bearing so here we are. i got a good hot rods crank off here from f4istunna (great seller) and all my gaskets and seals to put the bottom end back together. so while i had it apart i stripped the frame and just got done shooting the first coat of paint to her. im sure i will need a lot of help along the way so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. im trying to stick to a pretty tight budget so i cant do everything id like to right now. my next purchase will need to be a set of pistons. only problem is shee is already bored to hell and back. looks like i will need to go at least .090 over for next size. the cylinders dont look too bad at all so it should clean up good but i just dont know if thats too thin. i really cant afford to re sleeve right now so id like to avoid it if i can. i see a lot of .090 and .100 over kits on ebay, has anyone went that far and not had any problems? also has anyone used namura pistons or any othe less expensive ones? let me know what you think.

heres what i started with

post-29646-1224730225.jpg

Edited by T_Shee

nice! :evil: why go back to the stock head? what are you gonna do with the seat? can't wait to see ya back at the badlands

well for now i think my best option money wise is to sell the cool head as is on ebay and buy a stocker. i dont really see the advantage to the cool head. more pain in the ass and i dont figure on spending 60 bucks to buy new domes and 20 for o rings

sorry i know this is off topic but what kind of paint did you use on your plastics......btw its looking really good man

thanks for the positive feedback guys. all the painting i did i used some stuff from carquest called rust seal. it dries about as hard as powder coat. this is experimental with my plastics though since ive never sprayed them with it. i put some on a test piece of plastic and mangled it all i could with my hands and it didnt crack or anything. this stuff is awesome. its $25 a pint tho