T-REX 635 big bore/stroker kit

kiljoy

That makes sense.

I think I'd favor Cheetah over TRex...

what makes the power valve type kits so hard to tune? if i remember right, stock power valve 2 strokes make quite a bit more hp then a non power valve motor or the same size. does the power valve become redundant after a certain HP mark? or does it just make jetting tough because the power curve isn't as smooth?

my goal is to build a stock length (or just barely longer) banshee to rocket around the dunes near vegas (im moving there in the spring and i have heard there are dunes in the area) i want to make it way overkill but i dont know if i could swing the 6g's for a cheetah 600cc and up kit. my budget is roughly half that. would i make the same power with a cheetah cub kit as i would with the t-rex 635 kit? and also, how reliable are these kits? i plan on mostly playing in the dunes and occasionally drag racing. how often do they need to be rebuilt? do they fail catastrophically often?

what makes the power valve type kits so hard to tune? if i remember right, stock power valve 2 strokes make quite a bit more hp then a non power valve motor or the same size. does the power valve become redundant after a certain HP mark? or does it just make jetting tough because the power curve isn't as smooth?

my goal is to build a stock length (or just barely longer) banshee to rocket around the dunes near vegas (im moving there in the spring and i have heard there are dunes in the area) i want to make it way overkill but i dont know if i could swing the 6g's for a cheetah 600cc and up kit. my budget is roughly half that. would i make the same power with a cheetah cub kit as i would with the t-rex 635 kit? and also, how reliable are these kits? i plan on mostly playing in the dunes and occasionally drag racing. how often do they need to be rebuilt? do they fail catastrophically often?

Power valve motors do not make more overall HP. It does give you better bottom and midrange power by lowering the exhaust port. Once the engine reaches a certain RPM the powervalve is completely open and the exhaust will flow to the set porting. Power valves do help to smooth out the power curver so you do not have as hard as a "hit" when the power kicks in. Now keep in mind, the kit you are looking at does not include a 16mil crank which will add another $1200.00 or so dollars. And do not forget to add the case work that will be needed to stuff a 16mil crank into it. If you are looking for a killer dune motor, you cannot beat a 4mil cub for the money. And if you want more torque and HP....go with a 10mil cub. Dollar for dollar, they are by far the best power for the money. There are some killer deals going on in the for sale section on both 4 and 10 mil setups.

I'll make you a deal on a K&T drag ported 10mil Trex top end...

- Jared

i have been out of the 2 stroke scene for a while. all my experience has been with my 1986 trx250R and a allot of 125cc dirt bikes. at the moment i am living in japan but i am moving to las Vegas in a few months where i plan to pick up a banshee. i currently have a 2005 rmz250 with about 6 hrs on it that i would like to sell or trade for a banshee. anyone live around vegas? what kind of a deal are we talking?

im in vegas the local riding spot is closed till 2011 u have logandale wich is behind lake mead its fun bu no dunes lots of trails and some decent jumps i tend to like a few hidden fire roads not to far from my house

that sucks. i was under the impression that there were many dunes near by. how close is the nearest dunes?

Power valve motors do not make more overall HP. It does give you better bottom and midrange power by lowering the exhaust port. Once the engine reaches a certain RPM the powervalve is completely open and the exhaust will flow to the set porting. Power valves do help to smooth out the power curver so you do not have as hard as a "hit" when the power kicks in. Now keep in mind, the kit you are looking at does not include a 16mil crank which will add another $1200.00 or so dollars. And do not forget to add the case work that will be needed to stuff a 16mil crank into it. If you are looking for a killer dune motor, you cannot beat a 4mil cub for the money. And if you want more torque and HP....go with a 10mil cub. Dollar for dollar, they are by far the best power for the money. There are some killer deals going on in the for sale section on both 4 and 10 mil setups.

Power valves are actually OPEN from idle to a certain rpm range and then CLOSE from that rpm to peak rpm allowing the exhaust to only use the pipe and not the extra port