If Honda made Three wheelers......

Mean lookin trikes!

The 2 stroke looks badass Rollin Rhino!!! I see the dirbike seat & front plastic & rear fender of a trx450r?? The frame is off a dirtbike as well, which is it? I'd like to see videos of that thing running, really nice build!!

I'm doing a restore contest on a diff forum.. In a week I'll post up an awesome ride for you guys to peep!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using today's technology of suspension and brakes, a brutal 250R two stroke motor you would have this:

fendered20014.jpg

This thing is something you really don't want to race if you see it around.

Just thought I would give you some Eye Candy since we all love two strokes!

thats one sweet ride bro

I remeber thos days. My first bike was an 86 LT250R Quadracer. Then I had a 91 LT250R, and a 87 Banshee after that. I went to the kingdome and watched Gary Denton and Doug Eichner Battle it out in the Mickey Thompson Series back in the Early 90's.

To those asking about the chassis: That is a stock CR chassis with a polished swingarm. The suspension is all late model CR with redone valving as well. The CR 250s after '96 all had aluminum frames. The '97-99s were super stiff and the bike was difficult to ride. The 2000 and later were better.

I never said it was safe to ride, just that it is fast. The dude who rides it can ride.

To those asking about the chassis: That is a stock CR chassis with a polished swingarm. The suspension is all late model CR with redone valving as well. The CR 250s after '96 all had aluminum frames. The '97-99s were super stiff and the bike was difficult to ride. The 2000 and later were better.

I never said it was safe to ride, just that it is fast. The dude who rides it can ride.

It's badass! It's custom, it's different! Almost owned a clean 250r trike early this year but the seller couldn't answer 3 questions so I didn't even bother. Again, very nice build! Mad props!!

Yes Meat, I can remember those days way back when. First bike was 1981 125 yamaha then a 1984 200ex that I put a stroker motor in, then bought a 1984 250 tecate (three wheeler) and sent the motor to JP Racing in Oregon after 3 months to have them debore-destroke to 200cc, they gave me the option of building my motor or for the same price I could buy Steve Mendenhall's(Kawasaki team rider at the time) Grand National race motor which I did. I flat tracked the 200 ex and the tecate.

Yes Meat, I can remember those days way back when. First bike was 1981 125 yamaha then a 1984 200ex that I put a stroker motor in, then bought a 1984 250 tecate (three wheeler) and sent the motor to JP Racing in Oregon after 3 months to have them debore-destroke to 200cc, they gave me the option of building my motor or for the same price I could buy Steve Mendenhall's(Kawasaki team rider at the time) Grand National race motor which I did. I flat tracked the 200 ex and the tecate.

'81 125 yamaha, Yamaha called em the "tri-moto". And the 200ex was very popular around here too, I forgot about mentioning them. Growing up, I didnt know anyone with an ATC 250R, but I knew two guys with 200ex's and one guy rocked the local scene when he got a brand new 350x. That was either 1985 or '86. He got the first model year 350x, the red white and blue one, Im pretty sure that was '85s model. He traded it in for a new all white one in '86. We had a gang of 15 or so that all various bike and three wheelers, then one day, around 1984, George bought a Suzuki ALT 125 and that was the beginning of the end of the three wheelers for me. I got my Quadsport in '86, it was an '86 model. Sideways kickstarter on it. I was 15 at the time. It was the first motor I ever tore apart. I installed a Web cam and a 260cc big bore kit from LA Sleeve. Had a DG pipe with the RCM. Trivia, does anyone remember what RCM stood for ?? Reverse.... C... M........ :biggrin: DG made pipes and they featured the RCM design. It was some wacky marketing ploy. But I had one. I had the most suped-up Quadsport in Pennsylvania :biggrin: I rode that quad from '86 till '90. In 1990 I bought my Quadracer and have riding 2 strokes ever since.

We used to ride those old three wheelers at Coal Hill in the early 80's. We'd be the only people there. Coal Hill looks basically the same as it did 25 years ago, except there's alot more hills on the steep side of the mountain. I hit a washout\ditch at the base of Coal Hill and broke my swingarm completely in half. I was coming down the hill at a high speed, hit the ditch and it stopped the quad in its tracks, I went over the bars. Scared me pretty good and broke the swingarm in half. The QuadSports were know to break steering stems. I broke mine landing off of a double jump we had built. It was perfect double jump we made, about a 20 footer. I landed and bang there goes my steering stem right below the handlebar mount. I didnt wreck it though. :cool: It took me 2 hours to go a half mile to get the quad home tho. I broke the frame on the QuadSport too.

'81 125 yamaha, Yamaha called em the "tri-moto". And the 200ex was very popular around here too, I forgot about mentioning them. Growing up, I didnt know anyone with an ATC 250R, but I knew two guys with 200ex's and one guy rocked the local scene when he got a brand new 350x. That was either 1985 or '86. He got the first model year 350x, the red white and blue one, Im pretty sure that was '85s model. He traded it in for a new all white one in '86. We had a gang of 15 or so that all various bike and three wheelers, then one day, around 1984, George bought a Suzuki ALT 125 and that was the beginning of the end of the three wheelers for me. I got my Quadsport in '86, it was an '86 model. Sideways kickstarter on it. I was 15 at the time. It was the first motor I ever tore apart. I installed a Web cam and a 260cc big bore kit from LA Sleeve. Had a DG pipe with the RCM. Trivia, does anyone remember what RCM stood for ?? Reverse.... C... M........ :biggrin: DG made pipes and they featured the RCM design. It was some wacky marketing ploy. But I had one. I had the most suped-up Quadsport in Pennsylvania :biggrin: I rode that quad from '86 till '90. In 1990 I bought my Quadracer and have riding 2 strokes ever since.

We used to ride those old three wheelers at Coal Hill in the early 80's. We'd be the only people there. Coal Hill looks basically the same as it did 25 years ago, except there's alot more hills on the steep side of the mountain. I hit a washout\ditch at the base of Coal Hill and broke my swingarm completely in half. I was coming down the hill at a high speed, hit the ditch and it stopped the quad in its tracks, I went over the bars. Scared me pretty good and broke the swingarm in half. The QuadSports were know to break steering stems. I broke mine landing off of a double jump we had built. It was perfect double jump we made, about a 20 footer. I landed and bang there goes my steering stem right below the handlebar mount. I didnt wreck it though. :cool: It took me 2 hours to go a half mile to get the quad home tho. I broke the frame on the QuadSport too.

Speaking of quadsports and RCM exhaust, maybe this will bring back some memories. i have a 92 in my arsenal (the electric start version for my girl with the RCM exhaust). It sits next to my 88 LT250r and my 96 banshee and my 95 polaris 425 4x4. lol amazing how 1 person can ride 4 at a time

post-28154-1224238625.jpg

You should have rode with us every Friday and Saturday night we would meet up and go ride about midnight till??. We played tag on them, rule was you had to tag the rider not the bike, now that was fun. They all told me I was cheating because I had the fastest bikes and they were on stock ones, I just said spend money like me. My 200ex hardly ever got unloaded from my truck I rode every day after school practicing but it was a blast and met some great people over the years riding.

You should have rode with us every Friday and Saturday night we would meet up and go ride about midnight till??. We played tag on them, rule was you had to tag the rider not the bike, now that was fun. They all told me I was cheating because I had the fastest bikes and they were on stock ones, I just said spend money like me. My 200ex hardly ever got unloaded from my truck I rode every day after school practicing but it was a blast and met some great people over the years riding.

Hell yea man, 20 years ago we were playing tag too, boy that brings back memories :thanks:

My buddy, RustyRider04, rode the automatic, electric start LT230 that looked just like a Quadsport. He beat the pisss outta that quad :laugh: And ya I remember the '92 250 QuadSports, I think they were '92's :shrug: <---they're a rare quad. My QuadRacer was an '86. Very reliable quad. I rode the QuadRacer from '90 till about '98.