Electrical Issues What to do?

wittle350

Ok guys finally got everthing tested. Used a ELECTRO MATE DIGITAL MULTIMETER(is this ok to use?). Everything tested good besides coil. Could the coil be my problem after all, This is what it does, I can ride it for about 5-10 mins and the left cylinder will shut down like it isnt getting spark or fuel(dont know which one it is) but if I shut it down for a few minutes it will start back up with no problems untill about 5-10 mins later it does it all over again.

TESTING RESULTS

STATOR

Yellow to Black=00.6

Red to Green=17.2

WhiteRed to WhiteGreen=00.0 with coil unplugged 117.9 with coil plugged in

COIL

Primary=00.5

Secondary= Doesnt even read ( But why will banshee start and run if this part is bad?

ANY INFO WILL GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.

Could be the float sticking in the left carb. You can try switching plug wires from left to right to see if you have a bad coil. Did you try changing plugs?

Yes changed plugs and swaped plug wires, and it wad still left side so i figure that rules out the coil. I kinda thought it might be float but wasnt for sure and yes took carb apart and cleaned everything and it still done it after cleaning. Could my float level be off?

Yes changed plugs and swaped plug wires, and it wad still left side so i figure that rules out the coil. I kinda thought it might be float but wasnt for sure and yes took carb apart and cleaned everything and it still done it after cleaning. Could my float level be off?

We noted the test for the ignition coil in some Clymer manuals to be wrong. Secondary is plug wire to plug wire.

Your coil is fine. Move on. They rarely fail, just need reterminated and new caps put on.

Brandon

We noted the test for the ignition coil in some Clymer manuals to be wrong. Secondary is plug wire to plug wire.

Your coil is fine. Move on. They rarely fail, just need reterminated and new caps put on.

Brandon

Thanks for info, and yes put new plug wires and caps and plugs is still having same problem. This really getting agravating now and Im gonna step away from it for a few days and i then ill get back to it.

Thanks

how is your pickup coil gap? check it on both spots of flywheel? maybe try buying one of those $5 inline spark checkers and ride around with it on, when bike starts to act up, look at spark checker and see whats going on. Be able to find out if it really is ignition

My wifes bike used to do this, and then one day finally quit running. Got a new CDI from ricky stator (dont anybody give me any shit over that, was in a hurry!) for 125 bucks and its been fine since. and make sure your right side exhaust hasnt melted your wirind where it runs down the side of the airbox.....

OK, swapped carbs this evening from left to right and right to left just to make sure that was not a carb issue, took off down road and sure enough it does again but didnt seem as bad but left cylinder was cutting in and out like it wasnt getting fire but it was the left again that shut down. This issue is really bothering me I cant figure it out. I always heard when CDI goes it goes not partially out but completly. Like i said earlier in this post everything tested good. So could this be my CDI Box now? PLEASE HELP!!!