NEED SOME ADVICE

wittle350

Ok guys i hope i have put this in the right forum if not sorry, but here is my problem. Went out yesterday morning and going to ride banshee into work. So started it up and set there and idled just fine for about 5 to 10 mins and then took off down road just cruisin about 30 to 40 mph and all of a suuden the left cylinder shut down (pipe got cold) so i kinda figured it maybe the that (shitty) rickystator coil so i swapped plug wires and fired it back up (started fine, on both cylinders again) and took off. About 300 to 400 feet down the road the left cylinder shut down again so that told me that the (shitty) ricystator coil actually wasnt the problem.(temperture outside was around 50 degree) Shee had not done this in the past in warm weather except for in cold cold weather and always did it in cold weather so i didnt worry about it and didntridein the cold.tinking it might be fouled plug (now about 80 degree oustide) but that wasnt it either it done it to me again. So my conclusin is I need some help with this issue would this be a carb problem or something else. All info welcome and THANKS

It could be a carb problem, had this same thing happen to me and I think thats what it was.

First I would check to make sure there is spark and that the plugs are good.

Check the reeds

Check the carburator

Thats just how I would start out, there might be some better troubleshooting opinions though..

I had an ongoing issue with 1 cylinder not firing well for over a year. I chased every problem under the sun, and finally found it to be the spark plug caps. Trimmed the wires back a hair, put on some new ones, and problem solved. That little tidbit has since saved several of my friends hours of countless head against bench beatings that I went through. Yours could be something totally different, but I would start there.

OK guys, checked everything out and all looks good cleaned carbs,inside stator area looks good, reeds look good,reed cage gaskets look good, air filter cleaned (but i did not check float clearence could that be my issue) I changed my needle position from the 3rd notch to the 2nd and seemed to be a little better all around so i went down road and the damn thing done to me again so i set there for 3-5 mins and it fired right back up (both cylinders) and took off back home and about 300 feet away from the house it done it to me again. Oh yea 120lbs psi in each cylinder. WHAT THE HELL COULD THIS BE?

Edited by wittle350

OK guys, checked everything out and all looks good cleaned carbs,inside stator area looks good, reeds look good,reed cage gaskets look good, air filter cleaned (but i did not check float clearence could that be my issue) I changed my needle position from the 3rd notch to the 2nd and seemed to be a little better all around so i went down road and the damn thing done to me again so i set there for 3-5 mins and it fired right back up (both cylinders) and took off back home and about 300 feet away from the house it done it to me again. Oh yea 120lbs psi in each cylinder. WHAT THE HELL COULD THIS BE?

Just had something similar happen on my shee, my bike ran fine at idle and as long as you were easing around but when you would get on it it would shut down one cylinder and start missing. I changed everything CDI Coil Stator cleaned the carbs checked the reeds everything. Finally come to find out i had trach in the gas and my pilots had trash in them. Cleaned them out and it runs fine now.