Truck Repair Pictures

Dinner

Hey everyone,

Haven't been around too much lately due to school for my apprenticeship, as well as our house electrical screwing up (wind storm brought tree down on wires and caused power surges through house) which blew up my never computer. So now that I have the computer up and running (which I lost all my fricken photoshop data, music, video, everything!!!) I got a few pictures of the truck as it sits right now. Box isn't on yet due to the cab corners and sills not being finished yet, but all in time.

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

now you rebuilding the motor?

No, not rebuilding the engine....just modifying and checking to make sure things are within spec. Adjusted my valves tonight and removed the intake horn, grid heaters and moved the APPS out of the way. I will hopefully go get my sills tomorrow after school and at least get those home. Basically I am just doing body work (cab corners and sills), new exhaust manifold, new turbo, adjust valves, new injectors, new exhaust, get the box on and then paint! The truck will be sitting for a bit obviously being as I have all that crap on the go, but oh well!

ooohhh cracked exhaust manifold.

lol yea, it's been cracked for years..I just didn't know it was that bad. The top was cracked for awhile, so my dad had it welded. That lasted about 2 years and then it basically started to crack everywhere else after that. Figured I might as well change it being as the truck is sitting for body work.

No, not rebuilding the engine....just modifying and checking to make sure things are within spec. Adjusted my valves tonight and removed the intake horn, grid heaters and moved the APPS out of the way. I will hopefully go get my sills tomorrow after school and at least get those home. Basically I am just doing body work (cab corners and sills), new exhaust manifold, new turbo, adjust valves, new injectors, new exhaust, get the box on and then paint! The truck will be sitting for a bit obviously being as I have all that crap on the go, but oh well!

lol yea, it's been cracked for years..I just didn't know it was that bad. The top was cracked for awhile, so my dad had it welded. That lasted about 2 years and then it basically started to crack everywhere else after that. Figured I might as well change it being as the truck is sitting for body work.

You putting a 3 piece manifold on? Good mod to keep it from happening again. Which injectors and turbo are you going with?

How much is diesel up in Canada??

Around my area right now, it's going for about 1.149-1.209 per Litre...so about 4.50 per Gallon.

You putting a 3 piece manifold on? Good mod to keep it from happening again. Which injectors and turbo are you going with?

Yea a 3 piece is on its way..should be here within the next few days hopefully. I'm not sure on the injectors I am going with yet, probably some sort of 100-150HP range. Still got to read up on some companies though....And as far as Turbo, I'm not going to be getting too crazy with mods I don't think (well for now :evil: ) so I'm thinking an HTB2-62...just have to decide whether I want the 12 or 14 cm housing :geek: I already have the Quad XZT+ but I'll probably end up with the Adrenaline, with a few other goodies. However, once I get these mods on, I won't be able to beat on the truck because I have to build up my tranny. Gonna take a bit being as I'm only a 19 year old teenager, but I'm hoping to have it mostly done by Winter :laugh:

Rough Idea:

Picture0011.jpg

Picture0021.jpg

Picture0041.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got a few more parts thrown on the old Goat. Still test running, tuning, that sorta thing right now and fixing odds and ends. She'll be done eventually :laugh: Oh and RubberNeck, went with DDP Stage 3's and HT71 Super Stock (14 Housing).

Enjoy

Picture019.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

n514566996_1338232_1770.jpg

Edited by Dinner

Cool, that will be a fun combo. I have heard good things about the DDP's Take it easy with the right foot untill you do a full built trans or its going to shit the bed on you. LOL I think i mentioned it before, but are you going to O-ring the head on that thing?

Cool, that will be a fun combo. I have heard good things about the DDP's Take it easy with the right foot untill you do a full built trans or its going to shit the bed on you. LOL I think i mentioned it before, but are you going to O-ring the head on that thing?

Yea no kidding, I can slip the tranny pretty good if I haul on it. But being as my LP is being getting wore out I'm not hauling on it anyways. Yea the DDP's are nice, not much smoke at all really and you can def tell they are in there. Once I get my tranny built up and LP problems solved I'll eventually work my way up to the Adrenaline and some bigger sticks. And yea, eventually I will Stud and O-Ring once I get more boost and ponies running through her. RIght now being as it's just my DD it doesn't see very hard runs.

ah. good old 6.5's. gotta love 'em.

I'm guessing the 6.5 is a Duramax engine?

This is the Cummins, no V-Configuration Diesels here :laugh:

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Still not done my body work either. For this year (winter is already here in Canada) I just got the Cab Corner and Sills done. Spring time is when the new front fenders and doors will be coming :cool:

Edited by Dinner

INLINE 6 Cummins..Best diesel everrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! haha..Is that a 12 valve man?

No, 24

I also have a box for it hanging in my rear shop. Once I get that all done I can through that on there as well. Might do that during my week off in December.

6.5 isn't a DURAMAX, it's just an older chevy diesel. DURAMAX is a 6.6 liter...There also coming out with a smaller version thats like a 4.5 or 4 .? liter..

Yea, Duramax and Cummins both have smaller Diesel engines coming out for their 1/2 and 3/4 tonne trucks. Have to wait and see how those turn out due to well everything and the economy....

Edited by Dinner