RZ PV cylinders

This guy has some for sell with all the electronics needed for the conversion.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101112

I've got a nice set of stock cylinders if you wanna go another direction.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101128

Edited by BlntdEyez

They will definately boost your bottom end, really broaden your mid-range, and have really good topend vs. stock banshee cylinders. There is nothing but a definate upgrade to be had with these cylinders. The best ignition setup would be the ZeelTronic.

No these are not Drag cylinders so they will not beat a ported Cub or a Cheetah PV motor, but they are a huge increase over stock. They would make a great MX / Woods setup or they can be a great Duner, they are just a great all round cylinder set up. With the right porting, 4mil stroker, carbs, pipes, they are definately capable of 70 - 80 hp range and still have gobs of bottom / mid / top.

The RZ cylinders have less exhaust duration than the stockers when the valves are fully closed and more when they are fully open, between 196* and 198* depending on which RZ cylinders your looking at, they also have larger transfer windows and larger intake windows than stockers .

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan

I've been tossing the idea around of some RZ cylinders. Right now with my mods I'm right even with my friends ported 4 mill, doesn't make him happy :biggrin: Don't know how much power I'm making but if I keep the stock stroke, do you think I'll notice a big enough difference to justify doing it?? I'd port the cylinders of course and add dual carbs.

It's hard to say if it's justifiable or not, that is up to you. Your probably looking at close to $ 1,500.00 give or take to properly do the swap. That would include purchasing a nice set of cylinders, pistons - machine work - gaskets - thorough cleaning of the PV's - new PV seals - port work, make sure they come with a cylinder head or Pro Design makes a cool head for the RZ and last but not least the electronics that are needed.

I think they could posibly outrun the cylinders you have now, and with proper porting or a 4mil with porting, your friend would definately eat some roost. They come stock with port timings of damn near what you would call "Duner" specs when the valves are fully open, and when they are fully closed you will have more bottom then a stocker for sure, so how could you go wrong ???

Some would say it's not worth it, but to me it is.

Mike

It's hard to say if it's justifiable or not, that is up to you. Your probably looking at close to $ 1,500.00 give or take to properly do the swap. That would include purchasing a nice set of cylinders, pistons - machine work - gaskets - thorough cleaning of the PV's - new PV seals - port work, make sure they come with a cylinder head or Pro Design makes a cool head for the RZ and last but not least the electronics that are needed.

I think they could posibly outrun the cylinders you have now, and with proper porting or a 4mil with porting, your friend would definately eat some roost. They come stock with port timings of damn near what you would call "Duner" specs when the valves are fully open, and when they are fully closed you will have more bottom then a stocker for sure, so how could you go wrong ???

Some would say it's not worth it, but to me it is.

Mike

I was planning on at least $1500, probably be much closer to $2K with everything. Sure I could go with a powervalved cheetah but was thinking the adjustable curves with the zeeltronic would be nice. Motor setup would be something like this:

RZ cylinders ported

4mm crank and Wiseco pistons of course

Cool head

All zeeltronic system

Boyseen carbon fiber reeds

Dual 35mm PWK's with manifolds

+2 or 4 swinger. Not sure yet. May need the +4.

Maybe if your willing to help RZbanshee man I'll contact you after the new year if I follow through with it. I would think I should be able to get another 20HP more out of this setup than what I have now.

Anybody here got a source for the cylinders or electronics? I was thinking about doing one this winter, but I dont want to have to shell out the cash for an entire RZ just to use the cylinders. I used to talk to twinrock on ehre, and he had a source on just the stuff needed, but he doesnt anymore. If anyone has a plasce to snatch these up at shoot me a PM if you want to make a deal.

I got a set of RZ cylinders off ebay two weeks ago for mine for $170 shipped. With powervalves. They are suppose to still be on the first bore. Left cylinder has a small scrape but they'll be bored anyway. Not sure how good that price is but I had been watching them and never seen any that cheap. So I got them. The electronics can be had from Zeeltroinc at their website. They are located in the Uk (I think). Total cost in US dollars is about $550 for everything. Per my email response from them on what needs to be done:

Only thing you need to do is replace stock regulator with RZ regulator/rectifier or any other universal single phase regulator/rectifier. You will also need condenser or better battery. Find attached wiring diagram for explanation.

Prices:

VCDI-04Q 108euro

CDI-RZ1 66euro

PPV-RZ 108euro

handheld programmer 54euro

shipping 15euro

I have the wiring diagram.

I got a set of RZ cylinders off ebay two weeks ago for mine for $170 shipped. With powervalves. They are suppose to still be on the first bore. Left cylinder has a small scrape but they'll be bored anyway. Not sure how good that price is but I had been watching them and never seen any that cheap. So I got them. The electronics can be had from Zeeltroinc at their website. They are located in the Uk (I think). Total cost in US dollars is about $550 for everything. Per my email response from them on what needs to be done:

Only thing you need to do is replace stock regulator with RZ regulator/rectifier or any other universal single phase regulator/rectifier. You will also need condenser or better battery. Find attached wiring diagram for explanation.

Prices:

VCDI-04Q 108euro

CDI-RZ1 66euro

PPV-RZ 108euro

handheld programmer 54euro

shipping 15euro

I have the wiring diagram.

Damn, guess I gotta start looking on flea bay. I remember them going for a lot more then that, Ida definately outbidded you on them bitches.