Beefing up the engine

87bansheeguy

So far my mods are: k&n pods,aftermarket reeds, 4+advanced timing, shaved head, aftermarket cdi, and fmf fatty pipes, i was wondering how much hp i probably have with this set up?

Also i want to beef it up and im thinking about boring over(needs to be done) and how much i can bore it over and still be safe i was like .080 over. Then im going to do my porting i was thinking a trail or mx port, then what size carbs should i go with im thinking 28mm.

How much hp should i have after doing these mods and im looking for a better top end without the complete loss of my bottom end but i have some to spare

you want the least bores as possible. if your stock cylinders are still stock get them ported then bored. you only need to get it bored as least as you can. another words if your 10 over and your mechanist says you need to go 20 then do it. if he says 30 over then do that. dont go 10 to 80 over. thats like throwing money away but you want the port job first then bore. that will save you about $90 or so.

stock carbs are 26mm.

It all depends on who does the porting. I can match a nice play/dune port to your FMF's and give you a very strong but smooth power band with decent low to mid power. Should put you somewhere around 60hp. But I won't port an engine that is past its half life on cylinder bores, I feel it is bad business to let a customer spend that kind of money on a worn out set of cylinders. I like for my customers to get as much life from the portwork as possible for thier money.

-slo

Yeah they dont need to be bored i just wasent sure if it was good or not to do it. Ill get a dune port then will my bottom end be gone? and how long will my stock clutch last

HJR for all your porting needs! Again, don't bore for power. Kevin did my porting and I have tons of bottom end (4 mil crank) and Kev can tell you what to do with your clutch. Call and check around.

SP

HJR for all your porting needs! Again, don't bore for power. Kevin did my porting and I have tons of bottom end (4 mil crank) and Kev can tell you what to do with your clutch. Call and check around.

SP

The cylinders are in perfect condition no boring needed its 21 years old with probably 50 hours on it. It sat in my garage for about 15 years because i didnt have to time fix the cdi box i know a little lazy but times were rough. And how much do u charge for porting? how much does hjr charge also and how long will my bike be down for

You only bore the next size needed to get your piston/cylinder clearances within spec.

Call Kevin to see how much he charges and his turn around time....

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/

Your bike is 40 to 45 HP right now...give or take.

You can get as much HP as your wallet can afford.

Edited by dajogejr

You only bore the next size needed to get your piston/cylinder clearances within spec.

Call Kevin to see how much he charges and his turn around time....

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/

Your bike is 40 to 45 HP right now...give or take.

You can get as much HP as your wallet can afford.

i want to get around 65 or 70 how much will that cost me and wut upgrades?