running rich, how bad will it hurt.

jrod

I just got the bike together last night. the bike is rich, black plugs. But sandfest is this weekend at little sahara. I will only be running on Sunday. The bike has a brand new motor in it, this will be the first tank of gas. Am i in danger of hurting anything?

Whats the point of riding with a poorly running motor? :huh: I wouldnt run it, but its not going to hurt anything...

b/c will still be faster than my friends 4 pokes. ANd i have not been on it in 5 months.

i say screw it and get out there and make thows chrome t6's turn yellow.lol. have fun out there for me man. Im holden it down at the homefront, handicap parking spot.lol.

ok so if my shee is running rich, my headers(near tha bottom) will turn yellow,and when does it turn blue!??? sorry didnt meant 2 steal tha post just curious

sa3ood :evil:

ok so if my shee is running rich, my headers(near tha bottom) will turn yellow,and when does it turn blue!??? sorry didnt meant 2 steal tha post just curious

sa3ood :evil:

if you have chrome pipes it will usually be shortly after the yellow. My buddies cpis went from mild yellow to a cool lookn blue, then he got the right jets and there fine. He just did it for the color. Weirdo.

YOU CAN RUN it rich, running it lean will kill it faster

bike ran ok. Was having to use alot of clutch to get it where i need it to be in the power band. It was a dog down low but pulled really good up top. 4strokes where killing me out of the hole, then i would catch and pass :evil:

bike ran ok. Was having to use alot of clutch to get it where i need it to be in the power band. It was a dog down low but pulled really good up top. 4strokes where killing me out of the hole, then i would catch and pass :evil:

If you were Rich you could have "slightly" adjusted your pre-mix... Like if you were running 32:1 you

could have tried 40:1 to help with it a bit...

Glad you had fun and didnt ruin anything.