4mil cub motor

wacko2000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Jose!! Cubs are stricyly drag and dune. If youve ever ridden one, its definately not something you would want to be playing with in the trails. Powerband hits very high and very hard. Its basically a cylinder that is drag ported from the factory.

Id look into an RZ engine if you want something thats going to be a beast in the trails. I have no problem keeping up with my buddies' 4 strokes on my stock stroke MX port though. I do have a lot of suspension mods though.

Yea i have a mx port also, i have no problems ridden with the 4pokers, just always looking for more..Jim @ passion racing just hooked me up with a 4mil for a good price so i couldnt pass it up, i figure while i was in there, that i would make it even faster..

I guess i should just have a set of stock jugs ported for the 4mil then?

I dont wanna re-port my mx jugs bc they run way to well, rather sell them and let some1 else really enjoy them..

Yea i have a mx port also, i have no problems ridden with the 4pokers, just always looking for more..Jim @ passion racing just hooked me up with a 4mil for a good price so i couldnt pass it up, i figure while i was in there, that i would make it even faster..

I guess i should just have a set of stock jugs ported for the 4mil then?

I dont wanna re-port my mx jugs bc they run way to well, rather sell them and let some1 else really enjoy them..

Honestly if I was going to go 4 mil, that's what I would do. I know they can report a set that has allready been ported, but I would start off all stock. Also, what kind of pipes are those T5s?

If you do end up getting rid of those jugs down the road shoot me a PM. I have a buddy that might be interested.

Honestly if I was going to go 4 mil, that's what I would do. I know they can report a set that has allready been ported, but I would start off all stock. Also, what kind of pipes are those T5s?

If you do end up getting rid of those jugs down the road shoot me a PM. I have a buddy that might be interested.

Yea I have T5's, thats what i was thinkin, just starting off fresh, the jugs will be comin off soon, i have a few of my friends interested that seen them run but ill let you now, they prob cant come up with the money anyways...

cubs are NOT trail friendly.

Loco, so you think that a 4mil stock jugs would be a better setup?

what would be a could carb to run without loosin any bottom end?

thanks

Loco, so you think that a 4mil stock jugs would be a better setup?

what would be a could carb to run without loosin any bottom end?

thanks

yea stock cylinder woods port 4mm would be tight.. youll thank yourself.. 33mm pwk is a good carb for a 4mm woods motor.

It also depends on what you would consider trail riding.......... I mean if you are out bouncin off trees, going over rocks, tight turns then no I wouldn't recommend a cub.

However, if you are riding trails that are pretty much open like logging roads, open fields and that sort of thing......... then it is do-able. I mean there are better combo's out there for even this sort of thing, but I don't have any problems ridin' mine on trails. But tight twisting trails and a lot of obsticles that you don't want to get up close and personal with would not work out to well.......... Sand and dragging are what the cubby was designed for, but in the power band I don't have to much problems and there is always power on hand if I want it............ Just my .02 :beer:

Thanks Loco.

Any other thoughts guys??

Kevin at HJR has had some good results with low end cubs. Has to do with the exhaust port roof. If your serious about the cub give him a call and discuss. I would have went that direction when I did my 4mil if it was an option then.

SP