4mil cub motor

wacko2000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin at HJR has had some good results with low end cubs. Has to do with the exhaust port roof. If your serious about the cub give him a call and discuss. I would have went that direction when I did my 4mil if it was an option then.

SP

Yea thats what i have heard.. there is a local builder by me that has also had good low end from cubs but who knows.

prob stick with the 4mil stock cylinders and call it a day

Kevin said he is not "detun ing them" to make them trail friendly. In my case it will be a "rideable" and "play" where he said he did them already with huge success and huge numbers.

So.. The cub will have a broad power spread yet retain the same Peak HP? I'd like to see a dyno on this motor and see how it compares to a 4mil stock cylinder and a detuned cub.

sounds interesting.

So.. The cub will have a broad power spread yet retain the same Peak HP? I'd like to see a dyno on this motor and see how it compares to a 4mil stock cylinder and a detuned cub.

sounds interesting.

Word, If he can make the bottom end trail friendly(ish), and keep my top, im sending the cylinders to him ASAP.

Like said, if it is big wide open high speed trails, you MAY be ok with the cub, but i think the stock cylinder would be the way to go. My bike pretty much blows on tight winding trail situations in the sand. the dirt would be even worse. You go from nothing to spinning the shit out of the tires squirrley in about .0002 seconds.

sounds interesting.

:shrug:

Me too.

I dont see how you take a cylinder that is cast as a drag ported cylinder and port it for midrange.

Oh boy, not even gonna get started...

A cheetah with PV would be a better choice than a cub, but....a stock ported cylinder is still the best choice.

I can assure you, Cheetahs with PVs were designed more for wide open duners than trail riders....and for that, yes...great choice.

Wide Open, Wide Open throttle trails....cubs are fine....

I too would like to see a Dyno chart of this port work on cubs. A cub motor with a more linear curve will be not only more usable all over, but faster at the track.... More torque/HP and less RPM will pull more gear and get you down the strip faster...

Edited by dajogejr

sounds interesting.

You are asking me? Bud, I won't lie, I have no fucking clue.

What I do know is what he told me, and it will have the same power down low, and midrange as my stockers did, but have the cub power up top.

And he is not detuning it

so what i think i made out of this is that a cub is not friendly to trails cuz it dont have the shit down low right? i never had a cub and never rode one so this topic could push me towards it or away. i`m also not tryin to jack the thread but since the subject came up i`m just trying to understand.