which car to get

Ryda85

looking into getting a new whip since my truck will be gone soon. i was dead set on an 05+ evo, they handle great, respond to mods really good and are a pretty good daily driver. upon shopping for one i stumbled across a few 01/02 z06s that were in the same price range with about the same mileage....now im slightly torn. im reading up that these vettes are capable of 11s stock with a set of tires but i would lose my ability for extra passangers/cargo. i have a van i have for work that i use daily and im *supposed* to be getting a new pick up through work sometime in 09.

i have ridden in a few evos and loved the ride. my last truck was a gmc syclone so i might be a little spoiled on the whole awd turbo thing....dont know if im going to like having to feather it out all the time just to not spin.

the vette is absolutly gorgeous compared to the evo and i am reading they get mixed mpg of about 25 and up to 33-34mpg on the hwy! thats better than some 4cyl beaters i know.

i dont have to drive it to work everydaysince i get the van. i also have an expedition i was thinking on getting rid of because of the gas prices but might have to keep it if i get the vette.

ugh ok that was a long rant, so what do you guys think???

I don't think this is even a real question... is it? hmmmm.... Evo or 'Vette....

There's only one answer here- THE 'VETTE!!!!!!

hmmm see with the evo i can use it all year all weather and only need one car. the vette i will need to keep my expedition because a 400hp rwd car is no fun in the rain/snow.

the z06 has such a nice look, looks so sexy and has great curb appeal and they haul ass on the hwy but dont get up to 60mph so hot on the street with out a drag radial on it. it is also slighly geared towards older guys in the mid life crisis im 23 years old, still like to street race and such.

i duont know its a tough call

hmmm see with the evo i can use it all year all weather and only need one car. the vette i will need to keep my expedition because a 400hp rwd car is no fun in the rain/snow.

the z06 has such a nice look, looks so sexy and has great curb appeal and they haul ass on the hwy but dont get up to 60mph so hot on the street with out a drag radial on it. it is also slighly geared towards older guys in the mid life crisis im 23 years old, still like to street race and such.

i duont know its a tough call

well you could get an 02 Trans AM for WAYYYYY less then both and they take the SAME mods as the vetts. and unless at sea level NO WAY an 01/02 will run 11's those have the LS6 in them which is just different heads, cam and intake from the LS1 whic you can get for under 1k plus a tune will be 1500 to 2k if you get headers tahts better. and NOT compramise the fuel economy too much. and with the right driver you can do great 0-60

BTW my 02 TA has only headers and ive beat sooooo many sti's and evsolws and 400RWHP in the rain NP if you know how to controll the car. snow unless its bad wont be to bad either. and on the street NOTHING has good speed without radials. ive even had evo spin the roads suck so bad here.

if you want to keep the expedition and HAVE to ahve a vette try and find a regular LS2 one they have SOOOOO much more potential. but if you want a nice fast car for cheaper then a vette get and f body. you can pick up a good one pretty cheap, and dump some money into it and smoke everyone.

FYI LSx motors LOVE boost. and N2O

i had an ls1 trans am already, like it alot but kept getting beat off the line on the streets which is why i sold it and got a syclone....now the syclone is going and i want a car again. it is a bad ass truck and NOTHING has ever beat me 0-60 but it sucks on the highway, cant take a turn for its life and expensive to break 11s reliably.

im really leaning towards the 02 z06 and calling it a day. i really liked the 05 evo but the vette has just been calling me...

G37 FTMFW!!!! lol but really I would just try and save up a little more and get a c6 vette.EVOs are sick cars just that when i went to drive my g37 i kinda liked the luxury part and the car is still fast enough for my driving.I dont race at all just like having the speed their and the ocasional highway pull is nice!