Doc says I need to quit riding..........

So long story short, I'm in auto glass, been doing it for 12+years. In the beginning of my career we used a tool made by Chicago Pnumatic that made unsafe RPM's that in turn damaged our hands.

So there was a lawsuit, bla, bla, got some cash from the suit and I've been dealing with L&I to determine my % of disability which was set at 20% in each hand, they didn't agree, so this is why I'm getting more testing done.

Funny to cause the doc want to open another claim if I have nerve damage...lol

So the doc I went to see yesterday wants to do more tests because he thinks I have nerve damage as well as Raynauds..... FUCK! I believe it cause I cant hold onto shit anymore.......but, FUCK! More tests, more disability money in the long run. BUT, no quads either.....

Now I'm trying to decide what to do, he says no more street bike too........FUCK! And I just got the wife back on.........was buying my daughter a Blaster....

Anyway......I just thought I would let the HQ know......you guys are extended family so....

So long story short, I'm in auto glass, been doing it for 12+years. In the beginning of my career we used a tool made by Chicago Pnumatic that made unsafe RPM's that in turn damaged our hands.

So there was a lawsuit, bla, bla, got some cash from the suit and I've been dealing with L&I to determine my % of disability which was set at 20% in each hand, they didn't agree, so this is why I'm getting more testing done.

Funny to cause the doc want to open another claim if I have nerve damage...lol

So the doc I went to see yesterday wants to do more tests because he thinks I have nerve damage as well as Raynauds..... FUCK! I believe it cause I cant hold onto shit anymore.......but, FUCK! More tests, more disability money in the long run. BUT, no quads either.....

Now I'm trying to decide what to do, he says no more street bike too........FUCK! And I just got the wife back on.........was buying my daughter a Blaster....

Anyway......I just thought I would let the HQ know......you guys are extended family so....

Raynauds; I wish you well on all that, my wife has raynauds and it isn't any fun in the winter months or fall.

That really sucks... Be sure to tell your Dr. or any Dr., that riding is a passion of yours. Be sure to

ask if there are any alernative treatments or physical theraphy's you can try rather that just quit

riding all together. Best of luck...

Edited by mdhc500

I hear ya , I can't ride bikes anymore cuz the twist throttle makes my hands go numb ! Really sucks going into a corner on a kx500 and your hands just fall off the bars cuz there is no feeling left in them ! went to the doc one day when I had some pain that wouldn't go away and found out I tore part of a tendon in my elbow , so while i was there I asked him about the numbness and I can't hang on to wrenches at work anymore . I also have a very hard time opening simple candy wrappers , chips, and plastic bags . doc sends me in for some electronic tests in my hands and finds out I have full blown carpal tunnel in both hands too ! surgetry was supposed to be last yr , but I figured I will drag it out til I cant ride at all any more then move on and get a jeep / dune rail or something like that . I decided I would not try to be "superman" at work anymore and just take it easy , use better tools and ask for help before I screw myself so bad that I can't ride at all ! It seems to be working , as I can ride my quad for 2 hrs straight before needing a break , where as before I could only go 5-10 min. before it was bad enough to stop and get the feeling back in my hands ! I wouldn't do the surgery for the C.T. tho as I have seen others at work who have come out great, and others who ended up worse then before surgery ! Good Luck !

FUCK the doc!!!! If it wasnt for them, Id have a fully functioning leg right now.... I say do what YOU think you can. The docs also said Id be a cripple by 25.... Im 41 and still walking on my own legs. So FUCK THE DOCS!!!!

Hey, we just repeat what the books we studied read to us. Hahaha!

Even after surgery, you might be able to still ride. The doctor is just covering his ass by telling you to quit. That way if you do have an accident, he can say "Hey, I told him not to anymore". It seriously is a liability issue.

My roomate had a pretty bad motorcycle accident about 1 1/2 years ago. He's back on and feeling like a million bucks after 5 screws in his shoulder from a 180 degree slap tear. So, don't always suspect that surgery is a bad thing. I mean yeah he has aches and pains still, but it doesn't keep him from riding!

Good luck man! Let me know if he tells you something that don't sound right! :thumbsup:

Is that one of those air knifes that had the long tube with a reciporcating blade inside the tube used to cut out windshields, back and quarter glass. We had one of those at the salvage yard and it sucked to run. Just like a giant vibrator that makes your hand go numb. I would rather use the thin wire, with two handles and saw back and fourth to cut it out.