GREGROB has come out of the closet

dajogejr

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're against all the childish bickering, then why start a post in here JUST to continue the fight? Seems kind of like you are contradicting yourself :huh: You say you're against it, yet, you're promoting it

Simple...

If anyone has a problem with me (and I'm sure there are plenty....over the years, etc.) man up and say something...instead of taking cheap shots (repeatedly) in the shout box at 1 or 2 AM.

Been entirely too many people running their mouth in chat or the shout box lately.... I used to enjoy coming to HQ to learn, make friends and try to help people.

All we have now is exactly what I stopped frequenting other sites for....little kids.

I've always stuck up for HQ and it's members over the years, between the Planet Sand fights, other people coming here running there mouths, etc.

Lately...I've been wondering why....

Simple...

If anyone has a problem with me (and I'm sure there are plenty....over the years, etc.) man up and say something...instead of taking cheap shots (repeatedly) in the shout box at 1 or 2 AM.

Been entirely too many people running their mouth in chat or the shout box lately.... I used to enjoy coming to HQ to learn, make friends and try to help people.

All we have now is exactly what I stopped frequenting other sites for....little kids.

I've always stuck up for HQ and it's members over the years, between the Planet Sand fights, other people coming here running there mouths, etc.

Lately...I've been wondering why....

it's part of it I guess. I have my recent issues that I thought you didn't take care of as expected , but thats life. Things dont always go the way you wish. Does it make anyone a bad person? I dont think so. We are all differant people. some just have a little more time then others.

Now back to the topic of this post :)

Greg...

You wanted me to give you a refund on a set of rims that had nothing wrong with them.

You had to chamfer the valve stem holes. Fine. When you called BOSS (not me...but BOSS) you never mentioned having to chamfer valve stem holes to him or me. It was after the fact we refused a refund based on nothing wrong with the product you found this out. Of course...after you told me they were never mounted...yet you had them for sale WITH PICTURES mounted...and after you told me you changed your mind and wanted to go with 10X2s, asked me to refund the whole thing via Paypal so no one gets hit with fees, etc. You tried to sell them...couldn't move them. Sorry...

You wanted a refund on 10X4 rims because you got them, and changed your mind and wanted 10X2 rims.

That's it...nothing more to it than that....

Tires were not right...you were given a refund. What Skat Trak told and sold to BOSS were two different things.

I apologized for that...once you proved that by talking to Skat Trak, you were issued a refund.

What we sold you was wrong, plain and simple. I refunded your complete price including shipping. Not many people include shipping.

Nothing wrong with the rims (nothing you couldn't fix in 10 minutes and very well could have to do on any other rims you buy, aftermarket or otherwise)...so...no refund. The fact you found 10X2 cheaper is not my fault.

I actually called 3 other people, laid ALL the facts down....and they said I did the right thing.

Sorry...I can't give you perfection....especially giving parts away at my cost and not making a dime...and still being nit picked.

And you're damn right I've caught wind of the BS you guys are talking about....if you want to pass false info amongst yourselves, please do so....

But if you're going to post something in a public area, forum, shoutbox, etc....that could very well hurt someone's business and name, you should probably go through due process and make sure it's fact and not hearsay....

Sorry if you're upset with my customer service. I thought I was more than fair, prompt, justified and thorough....

This is not a try it before you buy it sport, money back, operators standing by...call 1 800....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry in the least. It's business, not personal.

But like anything, there are two sides to every story....I felt the need to say all of mine.

IF Boss made tires and rims...and they came in a set (both made by him, or skat track for that matter) then yes...you could get refund in a set.

So based on that logic...

You buy a set of new tires for your car, don't like them. Does that mean Firestone, Goodyear or Michellin should give you money back or refund you for the factory rims too???

A year ago...a month ago... no matter. I would've handled it the same then as I do now....honestly and correctly.

In your PM...you specifically said your buddy looked on the inside of the tire and could tell they weren't SLS tires.

To me...that's off the rim.

Regardless...whether you weren't clear or I misunderstood, they were taken care of.

You're avoiding the facts of you paid for something, decided you didn't want it and wanted to go another way (10X2s) for I assume cheaper, and you thought I should eat the rims too...

Like I said. Buy something from anybody in THIS sport (not MP3 players) decide you don't like it...see if they give you a refund.

Call up Packard, CP Industries, Twister, etc., pay for their product, get it at your house....decide you don't want it, then ask them to refund your money and shipping costs... there's nothing wrong with their product, you just changed your mind.

I'm sure those guys need a good laugh....

I'm fair and honest, but I'm not Burger King....so, again, sorry you couldn't have it your way.

IF Boss made tires and rims...and they came in a set (both made by him, or skat track for that matter) then yes...you could get refund in a set.

So based on that logic...

You buy a set of new tires for your car, don't like them. Does that mean Firestone, Goodyear or Michellin should give you money back or refund you for the factory rims too???

A year ago...a month ago... no matter. I would've handled it the same then as I do now....honestly and correctly.

In your PM...you specifically said your buddy looked on the inside of the tire and could tell they weren't SLS tires.

To me...that's off the rim.

Regardless...whether you weren't clear or I misunderstood, they were taken care of.

You're avoiding the facts of you paid for something, decided you didn't want it and wanted to go another way (10X2s) for I assume cheaper, and you thought I should eat the rims too...

Like I said. Buy something from anybody in THIS sport (not MP3 players) decide you don't like it...see if they give you a refund.

Call up Packard, CP Industries, Twister, etc., pay for their product, get it at your house....decide you don't want it, then ask them to refund your money and shipping costs... there's nothing wrong with their product, you just changed your mind.

I'm sure those guys need a good laugh....

I'm fair and honest, but I'm not Burger King....so, again, sorry you couldn't have it your way.

If I got the set from one place, lets say discount tire. You bet your ass I expect them to take the set back. Did they make the tire? No but they sold the tire and the rims TOGETHER as a set. There for it is THIER responsability not the tire manufactures.

As I ave said before I took the wheels to have the bead fixed because one side didnt seat, and he saw right away that it wasnt a SLS, so to prove it rather then speciulte he popped it off the rim.

I didn't magically decide I didnt want to go with 10x2 and now I wanted a refund. I didnt get the product I wanted and wanted a refund. And with that refund I was going to buy a set of wheels that where 10x2.

You didnt eat anythning for what I recall. I paid you, you paid Jason. Then you refunded me and then sold the tires again. So no I didnt ask you to eat anything. Plus I was asking Boss to take the wheels and tires back, NOT you.

You told me on the phone you have some 10X2 you wanted to buy....so can't we just refund the tires and rims so no one eats paypal, etc., that way you can buy the 10X2 tires and rims. Also the reason you were selling them...was because you wanted to go to a 10X2 tire because all your buddies setups were so much lighter...

Coincidence??? Hmmm....

I said no on the rims, then later yes on the tires....and then all the sudden they had issues. A bead not seated correctly, a valve stem hole not chamfered....a few of the bubbles in the bubble wrap probably popped as well during shipping.

If Discount Tire sold you rims and tires, you didn't like the tires but the rims were fine, I can tell you with 100% certainty they'd tell you to choose new tires. And since I spent 10 years in the automotive retail aftermarket business (before my current job) I'm pretty sure I know how those things work. They might have given you partial credit towards the purchase of a new set. Maybe...

Bet your ass they wouldn't have offered a full refund.

And because I'm a smart and fair businessman, you're right, I didn't eat the tires. I probably lost a buck or two after fees, paypal, etc....but I'm fine with that.

Neither one of us are saying anything new....so...why don't we let others decide who they do business with?

Sorry to say in retail, the customer is not always right. I've done and said all I can.

You've got your new buddies and hook ups now...maybe they can cater to you better than I can.

I think the real funny part is smart ass hasn't even posted here...but had no problem running his trap in the shout box a few times....

Damn this has been going on for to long. I don't know why your so pissed off at Dave when he went out the way to do the right thing. Yes i am one of the three people he called to get a opinion. Dave went out his way and called several people after that just to make sure he was doin the right thing. Then out the blue a thread was started about boss and there products with problems popping up out the blue. I don't understand and i definitly don't want to get in the mix of things cause yall are both good guys to deal with and i will definitly do business with again.

I think I am still confused....here is a re-cap of the facts

-The childish actions taking place on the site make you not want to frequent BHQ as much

-A childish stranger on BHQ calls you a fag in the shoutbox

-You feel belittled enough by a complete stranger to create a post just to make the immaturity more public, where EVERYONE can read it, not just those online at 1am

-You've lowered yourself to the childish stranger's level

I guess this is what I'm wondering...

How can you justify complaining about something you are contributing to?

What are you trying to prove by making a post to argue your sexuality?

Are you concerned that people really think you're a fag?

Is his calling you a fag having any impact on your life, or others, enough to make a special post about it?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand :shrug:

Travis...

Don't act like you have had your share of rants or disagreements elsewhere yourself...the Doctor ring a bell? PS?

This carried over from a long time ago about the whole Jarod/gregob thing about Kansas being a shithole, Jarod saying the FAST bike isn't shit...etc. And they got called out...

So...apparently he is still butt hurt about that. I don't know what his deal is...but if he has a problem with me he can either take it up with me or STFU....that's my point.

I don't feel belittled at all...but I did come down to his level...and that is my fault. Guilty...

To talk to a child, sometimes you have to act like a child I guess....

You told me on the phone you have some 10X2 you wanted to buy....so can't we just refund the tires and rims so no one eats paypal, etc., that way you can buy the 10X2 tires and rims. Also the reason you were selling them...was because you wanted to go to a 10X2 tire because all your buddies setups were so much lighter...

Coincidence??? Hmmm....

I said no on the rims, then later yes on the tires....and then all the sudden they had issues. A bead not seated correctly, a valve stem hole not chamfered....a few of the bubbles in the bubble wrap probably popped as well during shipping.

If Discount Tire sold you rims and tires, you didn't like the tires but the rims were fine, I can tell you with 100% certainty they'd tell you to choose new tires. And since I spent 10 years in the automotive retail aftermarket business (before my current job) I'm pretty sure I know how those things work. They might have given you partial credit towards the purchase of a new set. Maybe...

Bet your ass they wouldn't have offered a full refund.

And because I'm a smart and fair businessman, you're right, I didn't eat the tires. I probably lost a buck or two after fees, paypal, etc....but I'm fine with that.

Neither one of us are saying anything new....so...why don't we let others decide who they do business with?

Sorry to say in retail, the customer is not always right. I've done and said all I can.

You've got your new buddies and hook ups now...maybe they can cater to you better than I can.

I think the real funny part is smart ass hasn't even posted here...but had no problem running his trap in the shout box a few times....

Correction, the reason I was selling them was because I got left with them after the tires got refunded. I was selling them to get the full amount back to buy the other SET of wheels and tires. Yes they were 10x2 but this had zero to do with the fact that the wheels had problems. I didn