Full Flight A arms

98golded

Looking into getting a set of full flight a arms for the shee build I'm working on. Also going with Elka shocks, dual rate fronts, probably w/o rezzies for now just to get used to the feel of the quad, then later maybe upping to rezzies and adjustability. Just looking for some opinions of people who've used the a-arms, and opinions on the nonadjustable shocks that Elka offers. Thanks!!

well the thing about the shocks, all the big companies will give you a 30 day ride guarantee or whatever u wana call it.. if your not happy with now they work the first time u ride it, you can take them off and send em back to elka, at least this is how Works work, and im sure elka does the same thing, so if they are too soft or whatever, send em right back and they re-valve them at no cost, ANYTHING is gona be 50 times better than those stock shocks

as far as the full flight a arms they offer a couple kinds, some are cheap steal, some are chromolly, they also have shit steal heims or upgraded chromoly heims for more money, and if i were you thats what i would want ( dont waste money on cheap steal crap, chromoly is stronger and lighter), by the time you get the chromoly ones with the upgraded chromoly heims, you are lookin at at $500++ ... which puts you in the market for alot of others, somethin like a-arms isnt what u wana be cheap on, sure u can buy a cheap set for like $370 or whatever they have em on ebay for.. but thats up to you. its your neck,

ive heard mixed reviews about both compies, full flight and ASR, quite a few bad stories about both, do a search ssee what comes up

i personally run the armadillo ones from rocky mountain, love them, very good quality and come with skidplates for en extra $60, they are around $550 with the skidplates

Edited by Michael Jackson

hey pete how long do you have your a-arms for?

i also have asr and i think they suck.. all my joints have a ton of play in them now.. i have about 20 rides on my bike..

wacko whats up buddy?

i have had mine for about two years i would guess. so far so good.

I agree, first things first do a search as this particular topic has been covered extensively. However I will give you first hand experience with these arms. I totally disagree with mj. I have personally rode on these arms and jumped the living piss out of them every ride for two summers now. I had one upper arm bend on a crash that totaled my shee. The company replaced my arm with no questions asked. I would buy these arms again if I had to. I ride with works dual rates and +2+1s and can hang right with the 450s as far as jumping goes.

Ryan

I agree, first things first do a search as this particular topic has been covered extensively. However I will give you first hand experience with these arms. I totally disagree with mj. I have personally rode on these arms and jumped the living piss out of them every ride for two summers now. I had one upper arm bend on a crash that totaled my shee. The company replaced my arm with no questions asked. I would buy these arms again if I had to. I ride with works dual rates and +2+1s and can hang right with the 450s as far as jumping goes.

Ryan

What arms are you speaking of?

as of the full flight arms they are ok. as for the hemi joints i dont like them at all. they get shit in them and they dont shut the hell up. But i got a set of Alba's on my raptor and love them to no end. and i have Burgard on my banshee and my dad has them on his raptor and they are great. I have jumped the shit out of my Albas and Burgards and they have no show of wear at all.. As of shocks. they make the trans of night and day. I have elka dunes on my raptor and i couldnt ask for anything better. they take everything i throw at them. My brothers got the Works Pro Series Piggyback

With Triple-Rate Springs and he just got them rebuild and revalved for the dunes and he loves them as well but donesnt like his hemi joints but loves the A-arms. I put the yfz 450 shocks on my banshee because i got them new from a guy i know for $100 so i couldnt kick the can on that one. But it all depends on what you want to do with your bike. I would say just save your money and get the Adj. shocks because then you will be happy when your taken corners and fine tuning your shocks for the bumps and jumps or what every your doing. And look into a steering stabilizer. I wont ride a bike without one now. You can ride longer and you dont get the arm pump for when you hit rocks and other fun stuff that can take your bars out of your hands. When you get +1+2 arms you might have to get after market break lines. I put some braided break lines and I dont have any give or play in my breaks from the stocks rubber lines expanding.