Clutch Adjustment Questions

I just installed a new pro taper clutch perch and lever with the adjustable star.  Prior to that the clutch was setup perfectly.  Now I cannot get the clutch adjusted properly, I cannot put it in gear without stalling the motor.  I have a brand new clutch cable.  Should I install the cable first and try to make the adjustments on the new perch or pull the clutch cover and adjust it from the pressure plate first?

No it was absolutely perfect prior to the install of the new pro taper clutch perch and lever.  After I installed that, I couldn’t get the adjustment right.  No matter which way I adjusted the perch the bike would jump out of gear.  So I order a new cable and Im going to install it tomorrow.  If the adjustment is still out of  wack then I’ll pull the clutch cover and adjust from the pressure plate..

Edited by Big Mike NY

Thank you guys I think it’s a combination of both, my clutch cable was worn and stretched and I need to adjust the nut on the pressure plate.  Gonna do it after work tomorrow I’ll report back... 

Some aftermarket clutch perches require a cable housing spacer.
And for the record, I completely disagree with that video. No reason not to adjust it by the manual.
Unless shit in the case is worn out.
To be honest, never had to do this so have no clue.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Ok what the fuck..!! 

I installed a brand new clutch lever and perch, a brand new cable and I took off all the pressure plates and frictions and set them back, applied some oil and adjusted the slack adjuster.  I put everything back together fluids etc and I cannot get this fucking thing into gear without it lurching forward and stalling! 

What is my motherfucking issue??  Please advise!?

The plates were stuck when I had it apart I gently pryed them with a plastic screw driver I unstuck them all and dropped a little oil in between.  I thought that was my problem apparently not... 

Should I be focusing on the arrows lining up on the cases or is that bullshit?