banshee or 250r. no not your normal vs thread

Hello all new to the forum, this isnt your normal vs thread. I just sold my 08 kfx 450r, had it for 3years and put maybe 5tanks of gas through it, was my garage queen. Mostly ride my utilitys, but need a sport quad to take out every now and again to get my jolly's then put it up. Thats why i sold the kfx, the new thumpers just dont hold there value. Any ways its been years since ive owned a banshee or 250r and im out of the loop so to speak. I dont care whats faster, i dont care what handles better. What i care about is parts to keep them running. They both have alot of parts out there, i realize that but which is the most easily avable? Do they still make tranny parts or cases for the 250r? I know the frames are prone to cracking welds on them aswell. Same goes for the banshee, again i dont want a war. Just a simple question for my decision on an ole two stroke to turn into a blood pumping trail machine

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes im asking on a banshee forum, every thing two stroke seemed dead so i didnt sign up there. Plus i figured that most any body who has a banshee, that at some point had a 250r or still does.

Yes im asking on a banshee forum, every thing two stroke seemed dead so i didnt sign up there. Plus i figured that most any body who has a banshee, that at some point had a 250r or still does.

E2S is dead as fuck. It will depend on what you want/how much you want to spend ultimately.

Also had both, more parts available for banshee, easier to work on and make power with banshee. Like said ESR sells the 250r cases. Not sure about mew transmission gears/shafts. Honda doesn't even make cdi or stators for those bikes, but cr ignition works really well without lights.

Do yourself a favor and go with banshee. Thats my opinion.

As a fella with a Closet 250r fetish, I must say that the only reason I haven't done another is it seems that the Aftermarket is drying up. In my opinion, most not all, but most people on 250r's have moved on to the newer 4 strokes. Granted there are still 2 stroke junkies on the R's, but just not nearly as many as a decade ago. That was the early platform for racers and most racers are on thumpers.

The banshee crowd is typically based around rec riding, and for now is still the king of the drag racing atv scene. The aftermarket is not only alive but still expanding. I always get a kick when I talk to people about banshees and they just have no clue and tell me they are dead..... Those are the same people who spend every weekend at a Moto track on a 450. In the trails, dunes, frozen lakes, log roads, drag strip, nothing puts a smile on my face like a built banshee. Stock vs a 450 they aren't much, guys always say they need to be modded to be cool, but that's the thing. The banshee can be taken farther then just about any other machine in the ATV market. Yeah you can do the same things to other bikes, but there are no 100HP thumpers on just motor, no 100hp quadzillas, no 100hp 250r's....

Also had both, more parts available for banshee, easier to work on and make power with banshee. Like said ESR sells the 250r cases. Not sure about mew transmission gears/shafts. Honda doesn't even make cdi or stators for those bikes, but cr ignition works really well without lights.

Do yourself a favor and go with banshee. Thats my opinion.

I believe LED is doing gears now.